Moving... change my equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

c8hendrick

Original poster
May 23, 2005
Hello,

Im moving and have an opportunity (I believe) to change dishes/switches and wanted to get people's opinion.

First my current setup... 2 D*500s pointed at 110/119 and 61.5 (For Boston locals I believe). I have a 301 and a 622 and will most likely add an additional 622 when I move.

Im moving a little west to a home that already has 2 D*500s on the roof (not quite sure where they are pointed). I have read a bit about 129 and Dish1000s and also the DP44 switch (I believe this is if you want to get 61.5, 110, 119, and 129?)... enough to word drop them here but no real knowledge. :eek:

When I call up D*Mover, what should I be mentioning to get the optimal installation in my new place?

TIA

If you are in Boston, you do not need 129 and would be very hard pressed to even get adiquite signal from it. Also, if you are keeping the 301 you would need the DPP 44 switch, if you are exchanging it for the second 622, you would need a DPP Twin lnb for 119/110 and a DP dual lnb for 61.5 and have that coax run to the Twin which has the switch built into it.

Note: D* stands for Direct TV, E* is what posters here use when referring to Dish (Echostar).

I guess I win a noobish award for E* v D*

Any preference between the 500 or the 1000?

Also, why does the 301 require the DP44 switch? What's its purpose?

Thanks for the help!

Again, if you are in the Boston dma, you do not need a Dish 1000 or a DPP44 (there is no switch named DP44). In Boston, you will be very hard pressed to get 129 and any channel on it would be on 61.5 anyway. It isn't that the 301 requires a DPP44 switch, it is that you are trying to look at four sat locations or using 3 or 4 receivers. From your first post, I don't see you need a Dish 1000, nor would you need a DPP44 switch. A DP dual lnb for 61.5 and a DPP Twin lnb for 110/119 would do with the two recievers. The coax from 61.5 would run to the Twin and one coax to both receivers but a DPP Separator would be needed for the 622 in order to feed both inputs.

I was intending to add a 3rd receiver... sorry if that wasn't clear from my original post. Sounds like I would then need the DPP44 switch. Still just 61.5 and 110/119 but the 3rd receiver makes the DPP44 necessary?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)