Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
We have an upcoming company relocation scheduled to be handled by Clark & Reid. They look like a top-notch moving company (according to their website), but my wife and I have never heard of them, none of our friends & family have heard of them, and she is just a little particular about "her stuff". Has anyone had any dealings with this company...good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks...:hatsoff:

Thanks! Clark & Reid appears to be a small company focus on corporate clients. There is almost nothing written about them on the net. I image this is a very good thing. Our last move (government provided) was performed by Bekins...what a disaster that turned out to be!

Make sure that all of your stuff are packaged well and they're insured (who isn't right?)
If you can, might want to consider taking some of more fragile stuff with you.

How was your move with Clark & Reid? With which van line are they affiliated? I used north american moving company last year, and I was impressed with the courtesy and carefulness of the crew.
Mixed...they have a really good reputation and did a good job overall, but we still had several complaints. There was a two-man crew....they did all the packing, driving, and unpacking/setup. The one guy was really good, but the other guy (who didn't speak English) wound up packing about a 1000lbs. of stuff in the strorage room that we were throwing away/giving away. Since my wife was a teacher (pack-rat) she had hundreds of books,magazines (National Geographic), projects and other things that were to be donated or disposed of. The movers were told not to touch this room. Besides packing the storage room, the non-English speaking guy did a horrible job packing..would wrap papers and documents with dozens of pieces of paper, and would toss in breakable items without much packing material. Since we had 3-floors, my wife could not keep an eye on everything they were doing.

Second, our weight estimate was way off...even though the estimator told us his estimate would be within 1000lbs. We were told that we would be around 1500lbs. over our limit so we had several yard sales and sold three rooms of furniture, hundreds of odds-and-ends, a washer/dryer, full-sized fridge, riding lawn mower, two push mowers, and much more (we estimate around 3000lbs. of stuff). Anyway, we came in at 1500lbs. over weight. Needless to say, we were not happy and it took a few months to get this matter squared-away.

Compared to other movers, they actually provided the closest thing to an "Executive" moving experience...however, we were still not impressed. If my company didn't pay for the move, we would packed our own stuff, rented our own trucks, and hired a few individuals to help load and unload the truck. By far, nobody does a better job of moving our stuff than we do.

Anyway, if your company is paying for the move...then C&R is a good way to go. If not, they are way too expensive and not worth the additional costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)