Moving Direct TV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FLJ

Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
I currently subscribe to Direct TV and have two receivers. I am planning on relocating temporarily about 20 miles away (northeast) from where I currently live. I took one of the receivers with me. I have a satelllite dish at the temporary location where I used to have Dish Network service. I repositioned the Satellite dish but I couldn't get the Direct TV receiver it to work, it said it was searching for the Satellite. I brought the receiver home the same day and it works just fine.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

Thank You in advance.

Inspect the entire line run and make sure there are no splitters or diplexers inline, then you should be able to peak the dish, if there are any "splices" replace the barrel connectors with fresh ones and inspect the connectors to see that they are not "falling out" or corroded.

I currently subscribe to Direct TV and have two receivers. I am planning on relocating temporarily about 20 miles away (northeast) from where I currently live. I took one of the receivers with me. I have a satelllite dish at the temporary location where I used to have Dish Network service. I repositioned the Satellite dish but I couldn't get the Direct TV receiver it to work, it said it was searching for the Satellite. I brought the receiver home the same day and it works just fine.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

Thank You in advance.

If , like you said , you had DISH Network up there, remove the Dish sat dish and replace it with a D* dish and you should be good, also look at the things mentioned above as they are things you need to correct if needed as well.

Jimbo

If it is a DishPro dish it won't work with Directv. An older Dish 500 will work, but you need to connect directly to the LNB without using the switch and re-aim the dish.

Thank You to all who responded.

Will try your suggestions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)