Moving Dish Antenna: Advice Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I am moving my Dish 1000 Antenna from my deck railing to the side of the house. Deck railing is being torn off soon. I still have a dish mount on the house from an old install, and plan to just move the dish 1000 with the arm to the mount on the house, if you follow what I mean. It will only be moved about 15 feet straight west onto the house. Both the railing the dish is on now, and the place on the house I am moving it to face south. With such a short move, will I need to adjust the asmuth, elevation or the skew? Or should it be pretty close to the same if I make sure not to change any of that during the move? Any other advice would be appreciated. I thought I could have Dish do it for 15 bucks, since I have the home protection plan, but I guess not. They want to charge me 50 bucks to move it 15 feet. I have installed dishes before, but just want to make sure I get all adjustments right, so I don't lose my signal.

It all depends on how plumb are those mounts. In general skew will remain the same, adjustments are done to azimuth and elevation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts