Moving from condo to RV

@Brussam. That's exactly what I want to do, except I want to keep my current 722 since it has a lot of recordings I'd rather not lose. Is there a way to change my condo account over to the RV and keep the same DVR?

fputnam said:
@Brussam. That's exactly what I want to do, except I want to keep my current 722 since it has a lot of recordings I'd rather not lose. Is there a way to change my condo account over to the RV and keep the same DVR?
I can't answer that until you tell me if you own or lease the 722. If you've told us that I forgot.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Again, the only difference between a S&B house account and an RV account happens if and when you get DNS.

You can take your equipment out to your RV and go. I currently have a VIP722K and a VIP612 in my trailer. Plan on upgrading to Hopper and Joey.

If you only go a few places, you could call in to a Dish CSR and change your Locals to the location your are at.

But judging from the original post, you will be doing some touring and want DNS. You download the two Dish DNS forms, fill them out and email them in with a copy of the registration of your RV. That is when your account becomes a RV account.

One of the equipment restrictions attributed to RVs are the need of a 211K to run a Tailgater. For extended RV living, you will want to use a 1000.2 tripod or a Winegard Trav'ler roof dish. The other equipment restriction attributed to RVs is the need of a purchased unit but that is only for Pay-As-You-Go which is a service slanted for the weekend camper.

For full-time or extended time RVing where your RV is your home, the equipment can be leased. Your RV is your home and is treated just the same as a S&B house.

Only DNS is specific to RVing and is allowed only in your RV.

For full-time or extended time RVing where your RV is your home, the equipment can be leased. Your RV is your home and is treated just the same as a S&B house
Not entirely true. Leased equipment can't be "deactivated" if you decide to spend a few months at home. So you have to carry the receiver into the house or pay for it sitting idle in the RV while also paying for your house receiver.

I agree with everything you said for full-timers but between them and weekenders the point at where you may want to own equipment you can turn off or drag the same equipment back and forth between house and RV has to be determined by the individual's particular situation . And I want the OP to know that.

Not entirely true. Leased equipment can't be "deactivated"
Pay attention. I didn't say deactivate the receivers, I said turn off DNS.

You can move your receivers between the S&B house and the RV as you wish.

You just can't have DNS in the S&B House.

The only reason to buy a receiver would be for Pay-As-You-Go and that program doesn't fit a person in their RV for months. The OP is called a Part-Timer living major portions of the year in the RV compared to a Full-Timer like me where we only have the trailer to live in.

It is amazing how many non-Rvers think they j=know about Dish in an RV.

Pay attention. I didn't say deactivate the receivers, I said turn off DNS.
How about you pay attention. I said deactivate receivers that are in RVs that are in storage for month on end.

And I've been RVing for lots of years there sparky.

So how about you roll up your awning, fold up the stairs and toodle on down the road.

OK. Based on the excellent information I have received here and from the dirt team, here's what I'm going to try.

I am going to complete and email in:

A completed Recreational and Commercial Vehicle Declaration - Distant Network Service Authorization Request
A photocopy of the current registration for the RV
A completed Equipment Service Requirements form

Although I'm not sure what an Equipment Service Requirements form is.

I guess after I do that, my account automagically goes from being a Sticks & Bricks account to an RV account. We'll see.

How about you pay attention. I said deactivate receivers that are in RVs that are in storage for month on end
I will try one more time. The receivers from the RV go into the S&B House. One set of receivers in the residence you are in at the time. No storage.

I will try one more time. The receivers from the RV go into the S&B House. One set of receivers in the residence you are in at the time. No storage.
I'll try one more time too. Some folks don't want to tear up their coaches to carry a STB into their house(S&B House). IT goes to storage with the RV. And believe it or not some folk, especially retirees aren't comfortable fiddling with technology.,

Where did you get the impression that your idea was the one all others were to be measured against? You have one idea. I have another. I happen to know mine is better but if you need to, you can go on thinking yours is the only answer. But it isn't

Hasta la vista.

Where did you get the impression that your idea was the one all others were to be measured against?
I geared my proposal based upon what the OP said that he has already moved his VIP722 into his RV for the time he spent in it. He just wanted yo know about Locals or DNS.

Apparently you didn't. So you have an opinion but it didn't fit the OP's thread.

We ought to quit arguing.

Anyway I just clearly spelled out one way to do 9 month RVing and 3 S&B House is to buy a used VIP and activate it when you travel and leave it connected but deactivated when you're in the S&B House.

My rig is really crude as we always boondock with solar panels backed up by a propane genie. The receiver sets on a shelf when parked and on the bed while we move between camp sites. But I've been invited into rigs that have really fancy home theater rigs that I know the owner would have no clue how to tear apart enough to get the STB out. Let alone figure how to install it into his home theater in the S&B.

My first "registered with Dish as an RV receiver" was a model 5000. Three boxes later I have a VIP612 that I carry back and forth between house and trailer as I always have. At the moment I don't need DNS as the 612 has an OTA.

Information is power. I Give the OP all the possible ways and let him do as he wishes.

Peace

Last edited:
I guess I live in the middle world. I have a surround sound with the HD TV and the VIP722K and a VIP612 in the bedroom, in a 40' 5th Wheel. Most of the 5th Wheels owners I know, are quite comfortable with moving and connecting their satellite equipment . In fact I have a real problem when Dish tells me that I have to let an installer mess with my environment.

But there are some high end motorhome owners who, as you say, can't figure how to connect cables.

My shot about RVing was that often responders to RV usage problem have only the knowledge of the Pay-As-You-Go plan and a lot of other urban myths, like only AAD does DNS for Dish. Since the focus of those non-RVers is from a house with occasionally RV usage. They can't see the solution from the other direction where the RV is the base and the house might be the occasional location.

The good thing is the OP is on the right path and is filling out the forms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)