moving from CT to TX: cancel and re-join?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ansatzjp

Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Hi. I'm moving from CT to TX toward the end of this month and am curious whether it might be better to cancel the current service and re-join once I get there. The downside for the cancellation is that I need to pay a pro-rated early termination fee (2-3 months, I guess). I am currently subscribing to a local basic and international channel and will only be getting a local basic channel in Texas. How was your experience with the directv movers connection program? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi. I'm moving from CT to TX toward the end of this month and am curious whether it might be better to cancel the current service and re-join once I get there. The downside for the cancellation is that I need to pay a pro-rated early termination fee (2-3 months, I guess). I am currently subscribing to a local basic and international channel and will only be getting a local basic channel in Texas. How was your experience with the directv movers connection program? Thanks in advance for your help.
A little more information would help. I assume you are leasing and you gave D* your social security number for that lease. You will be changing your address and phone number going from CT to TX but will you change that other identifying number might be hard to be a new customer if the SS# connects you to the account you paid an early termination fee on. A dish mover might be your best bet your equipment can't be very old.:)

Thanks for the input. I am most interested in getting a basic local channel only (around $ 10, I guess) and in having the international channel (Korea Direct) as an option that I can request to turn on and off. If I go with the movers connection, how much would they charge for the new installation and one extra set of plain, regular receiver? Thanks.

Thanks for the input. I am most interested in getting a basic local channel only (around $ 10, I guess) and in having the international channel (Korea Direct) as an option that I can request to turn on and off. If I go with the movers connection, how much would they charge for the new installation and one extra set of plain, regular receiver? Thanks.

Generally, the mover connects are done at no charge to the customer. As mentioned earlier, it is an excellent time to upgrade/update any older receivers you have to the newer models. Your best bet would be to call the Mover Connect number and see what they say.

Thanks! I just called DirecTV to disconnect the service and the representative offered me to put the account on suspension status, until I decide what to do in my new home. If I decide to reinstate my service, the new contract will be effective as of new in-service date.

As to the dish I currently have, she told me that I can throw away--is this really true? :confused:

If you sign up for the mover's connection by August 31st, you'll be entered for a chance to win having your mortgage or rent paid for a year (up to $2,000.) From what I saw on the commercials, there's one winner a month for each month of the promotion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)