"Moving"....have AT&T as well

H

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
A few years ago, I "moved" to the Philly DMA to get the Philly locals. Thinking of "moving" again to have the NYC locals, which I've had before and have always enjoyed. What has stopped me is also being a customer of AT&T wireless too. Had the addresses the same, so that I could get HBO/HBO Max free. There's no longer an HBO Max discount on my bill now.

Are the two systems separate now?

Last edited:
Willh699

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
1. AT&T spun DirecTV off and sold 30% of ownership of it to TPG Capital and may end up selling their 70% share of ownership to them or Dish or anyone else in the next few years.

2. WarnerMedia is also being spun off by AT&T with Discovery Networks in the process of buying it out.

John2021

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
1. AT&T spun DirecTV off and sold 30% of ownership of it to TPG Capital and may end up selling their 70% share of ownership to them or Dish or anyone else in the next few years.

2. WarnerMedia is also being spun off by AT&T with Discovery Networks in the process of buying it out.
Don't tgp have the exclusive rights to directv?

S

Sea Beagle

On Vacation
Jul 10, 2005
A few years ago, I "moved" to the Philly DMA to get the Philly locals. Thinking of "moving" again to have the NYC locals, which I've had before and have always enjoyed. What has stopped me is also being a customer of AT&T wireless too. Had the addresses the same, so that I could get HBO/HBO Max free. There's no longer an HBO Max discount on my bill now.

Are the two systems separate now?

Kind of expensive to move to another city just get different local channels.

Reactions: mysticseer and John2021
John2021

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
I thought AT&T required a truck roll for a “move”? Maybe TPG will be different?
They love truck rolls. Funny I had an installer tell me they can't FedEx the genies because we can't activate em and that we would be calling in and requesting a truck roll. Funny I had genies fedexed to I got a number to call and activate it. How hard is it to unplug it and remove the coax and put it into the new genie. It's not rocket science!!!

John2021

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
I thought AT&T required a truck roll for a “move”? Maybe TPG will be different?
Oh yea and a rep told me even if there was a dish installed and cabling. That it triggers a truck roll and another contract. Even if they got it working on there own.. I would Def battle that one out!!!

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
They love truck rolls. Funny I had an installer tell me they can't FedEx the genies because we can't activate em and that we would be calling in and requesting a truck roll. Funny I had genies fedexed to I got a number to call and activate it. How hard is it to unplug it and remove the coax and put it into the new genie. It's not rocket science!!!
They are probably thinking about a New Install, which more often than not would require a truck roll, to confirm that everything is set up correctly.
They don't know if you know what to do with the PI (if required) and switches/splitters (required IF you have more than 1 recvr.)

If your just replacing an existing recvr, it shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: John2021