Moving my dish from 119 to 129. signal problem.Please help

You don't need the sw21 to feed both tuners. The sw21 is for combining two lnb outputs into 1 cable run. Meaning if you have 2 legacy duals on a dish 500 with one lnb looking at 110 and the other lnb looking at 119, then the output of those two lnbs are run into the sw21 and a single cable is run to the receiver and the receiver can switch between the lnbs to see both 110 and 119 via a single cable run.

If you have a legacy dual, then run both lines from the dual directly to the receiver inputs.

Doesn't matter what the old receiver sees, as long as it is locked on 129, then switch the receivers and run a check switch on the new receiver and it should see the new satellite.

I won't giveup I will keep working on this issue. I will be back with more progress later on.
j8...Dishnetwork is running after money like every middle class faimly. They need money for each and every step. Doesn't matter what kind of step is that.
They keep changing the way we are getting tv today to collect more and more money. It is highly likely that 129 is different than all sats. So that the all specially old customers throw away old hardware and buy new ones. So called "UPGRADE"

I think you may be tilting at windmills:). The change in technology and the evolution of Dish hardware has to do with trying to meet the demand for more services and the need to stay competitive (or go out of business) with insufficient bandwidth at a single DBS slot, not a plot to make you spend money you don't have to. The switch from MPEG2 to MPEG4 for HD is one good example.

If we had stayed with the legacy and only 119, then we would not have several SD channels (the acquisition of 110 made it possible for Dish to add nearly all its SD LIL back in 1999 and the 110 spotbeam bird is critical to LIL) nor the breadth of HD channels we do now, nor would we be able to see internationals using a single dish that spans 3 or 4 satellites for all our services, a far more efficient and desirable (by most regular home owners, that is. the few power users don't really count for this, only the masses) install, nor would installs be faster and easier with DishPro than with legacy. I can't tell you how many installers HATE the old SW64 switch. DishPro switches are beloved by installers, and that was an "upgrade" to the old, legacy, Dish technology.

The evolution from Dish 300 to the Dish 500, Dish 500+, 1000, 1000Plus, 1000.2, from legacy to DishPro, QPSK to 8PSK, MPEG2 to MPEG4 and new generations of STB's because the legacies could not look at more than 3 sats, and the implementation of the Eastern Arc, is all the result of REAL TECHNICAL NECESSITY, not a nefarious plot. In other words, all the new services that followed legacy and are still to come would be IMPOSSIBLE without such "upgrades." All this stuff costs Dish Network a ton of dough and over $200,000,000 per satellite, and if Dish could do it your way, the would be the first to make it happen as it would cost them much less than what both Dish and Direct TV have had to do: build new generations of hardware and launch or lease a whole lot of satellites and pay other companies to use the temporary slots. Of course, one does not have to spend an extra penny if one is satisfied with what they have.

129 is just another DBS sat just like 119 and 110. However, with a few possible exceptions, Dish subs, as a rule, are to be looking at 119 and 110 in addition to 129. 129 is an addition or enhancement to core services and so one may very well need to look at the very least 119 (and 110 for the 9 day guide) in addition to 129 for important data to vital to the operation of your system. Are you trying to get your LIL's at 129 only? Good luck on your install. Can the system work looking only at 129? I thought that with 129 one also had to look at 119, and possibly 110, as well, and don't forget that some HD is at 110, as well.

Last edited:
DishSubLA. Well explained and I understand each line of your kind reply.
and I thank you for that. I will give up legacy right now.
Let me know please, if I understood you wrong. In short you are telling me that my dvr won't look into 129 untill it (dvr) sees 110 and 119 at the same time. It can't see 129 ALONE. It has to see atleast 119 simultaneously.RIGHT???? I will be greatful if reply me one more time PLEASE !

No it will work fine looking at 129 only. Done it a few times with a dish 300 tailgating. But you have other bits and pieces that are not needed and for a beginner it would save you time and future proof you for years to come to just upgrade to a Dish 1000.2.

If you want the 9 day guide you will need 110. If you want the HD channels I mentioned above, then you will also need 110. If you want the sd channels in the gold 250 package, then you will need 119 and if you want most of the HD then you need 129. So for the receiver to function at its optimum level you need to be able to see all 3 orbital locations.

good advise osu also if im not mistaken on 110 thers some hd also thats proply in his package, and propaly more reg stations on 119, hes paying for and would be missing if only 139 hooked.. Acatly he could hook up, a 500 dpp and single dp 300.. Mr x i was just tring to help u can use the older reciver just for pointing if easer it has nothing do with hd its for pointing only..

No it will work fine looking at 129 only. Done it a few times with a dish 300 tailgating. But you have other bits and pieces that are not needed and for a beginner it would save you time and future proof you for years to come to just upgrade to a Dish 1000.2.

If you want the 9 day guide you will need 110. If you want the HD channels I mentioned above, then you will also need 110. If you want the sd channels in the gold 250 package, then you will need 119 and if you want most of the HD then you need 129. So for the receiver to function at its optimum level you need to be able to see all 3 orbital locations.

Interesting. Thanks for answering my question, too. Got it. One can look at 129 only, if for special set-ups, locations such as tailgating. Good to know. Yes, I agree; such a set-up is for power users, and all others should be looking at core sats 119 and 110, as well. Thanks for your info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts