MOVING ON

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I am going to miss you folks for a while. I have to move my residence.

The landowner that I was leasing from at my cabin passed away and the new owner wants his son to move in to the house (which I call my cabin). I have been living here at this so called "cabin" for seven or so years, now it is time to move on. I have to move back to the home that I own in another town nearby. Unfortunately, my home is also rented out, so I have to evict my tenants (I am not real happy to do this as now I feel like a bad guy, too).

This "cabin" residence is a ranch style home with three bedrooms and a bath and 1/2. Same as the home that I own, but the "cabin" is much closer to the river. Now I am going to lose that perk. My home will now be 25 miles away from my fishing spot, so instead of just walking distance down the hill, I will have to drive all the way to toss a line in. I am bummed out to say the least.

My new tenants had just started moving in and I gave them permission to do some remodeling to suit their tastes. Therefore, my house is in an "in-between" stage and I cannot move back in myself. There is no bathroom working now. So I will be camping out for this summer, I guess. It is all one big mess. Never had to deal with such an issue in my life before, this is all new territory for me. How the heck do you move seven years on a farm in one month to a home in town? YIKES!

I have too much "stuff"! Thirteen dump truck loads of dirt, a dump truck, a limousine, my Cadillac and a Dodge RAM truck, a Ford van, four riding lawnmowers, two 1,000 gallon bait tanks, a 16 foot jon boat, a waverunner, 20 brand new sapling trees in tubs, a ten foot C-Band satellite dish, more than a dozen Ku band satellite dishes, a 50' mobile home trailer frame, 1,400 pounds of aluminum scap metal that I was saving, two ATV's, a push lawn mower, two dozen satellite receivers, a home theater system, five TVs, several computers, three beds, couch/love seat chair and a recliner, refrigerator and freezer, washer/dryer set, water softener, kitchen table and chairs, several desks and dressers. When I get these items out, I can start on moving the major bulk of it all, my REAL JUNK! Not enough space here to list all that (you know what I mean)... all the little stuff. Glad that I am not married. I would hate to move her stuff, too!

Where the heck am I going to put all this stuff? Uuhhhgggggg! I don't even know where to start.

RADAR

Wow, that sucks, I can't imagine moving under those circumstances.

If you lived a little (LOT ;) ) closer I'd lend a hand.

Hang in there man! :)

Oh, and I forgot to say the main thing...

I am signing off the forum until I get moved in to HOME completely. I will have to shut down my internet access during the time and will only be able to chat with you all if I am allowed time on breaks at work. When I take the WildBlue dish down, I am out of communication. But, I am pondering other means to keep me in touch. I guess we'll see how that goes.

For the interim, I will have to say goodbye (that is a little premature as I will still have access to the internet for a while yet), but if you suddenly see me drop off the earth, you will know where I went. Take care everyone and if I suddenly go out of sight, I promiose to return when I get settled in.

RADAR

Wow, that sucks, I can't imagine moving under those circumstances.

If you lived a little (LOT ;) ) closer I'd lend a hand.

Hang in there man! :)

Thanks Phlat! Not referring to proximity, but your comment got me thinking... "If you lived a little or a LOT"... Well, it is out of context, but I guess I have definitely lived A LOT in the time that I was here! How else could I have ammassed all this JUNK! LOL

Wow Radar that stinks! I am sure you will figure out a way to get aiming at the sky soon though. ;)

Scott,

That is what bothers me. My old home in Cedar Bluffs, Nebraska doesn't have a great setting for satellite reception (too many big trees in the wrong places). I won't be able to use my motorized dishes for the full arc. I will have to go back to some fixed point dishes and switches to get everything dialed in. Well, at least for the eastern portion of the arc anyway.
It may not be too terrible, except for Hispasat @ 30.0°W, that I know will have to be on a fixed point dish. 97.0°W and above will be fine. May have trouble with all the sats below 97, though.

RADAR

This is a major inconvenience, RADAR. I wish you luck as it regards the latest development in your life. I hope everything works out for you.

Yes, a real bummer! I just can not think of how I would ever move with all the stuff I have amassed here in the last 55 years.
With all the info you have contributed so far, we will all have a big CHEER party when you get back on here full time once again.
Hang in there RADAR!
Ted & the Kat.

Priorities!!!! Buy 5 to 20 acres near the river with excellent LOS south. Get a repo double wide build a 32 by 72 pole barn, move the stuff into it and go fishin' ! Well, that was my plan, anyway. Maybe you could make it happen!

The houses did not sell, so all the bills were not paid off ..... But I have the 20 acres, perfect LOS south. The pole barn, two motor homes A WONDERFUL wife, about 20 cats, 25 deer, lots of free power from the sun -- hope to get wind generators soon. The most common comment from visitors, as they hold onto buildings, poles or vehicles (so they don't blow away), "It is so peaceful here."

Get back SOON!
POP

Sounds Like you are going to need a POD, maybe a few PODS.

Good luck with the move.
Mike Lib

Yeah this stinks man. I hope the move goes as smooth as it can under the circumstances. Keep in touch the best you can and good luck.

PODs are a bit expensive...with all of the trucking companies around the Omaha-Lincoln area, as well as truck stops, you might want to investigate renting one or more 48-foot shipping vans and parking them somewhere. Much cheaper by the month; in competitive markets perhaps $100 to 125 per month for such a rental. Around Wisconsin we have milk haulers and other companies that have excess (not road worthy for commercial purposes) trailers that can be either rented even cheaper, or sold outright. I'm at the reverse end of your problem...trying to gather the $$ to move two of those trailers 425 miles and unload them here, since we are staying in Wisconsin. Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)