"moving" question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, I am saying you claim to have a box at home A to get those locals, but it is really at home B. They call home A, but you can not give them the id numbers of the box because you do not have it there. That is what I am referring to.

"I'm sorry Dish rep, I've got painters in my living room right now and everything is covered with a tarp and unplugged. I can't get in there right now to give you any information."

I've got dozens of excuses that come to mind, some real, some hokey. The point is, if they are on the other end of a phone they have no idea where you physically are or your box is. There is no need for anybody to panic.

I hope you're NOT installing dishes for a living...

WHAT difference DOES it make where the box IS - the ID number generated is NOT dependent on WHERE it is actually LOCATED at. The ONLY thing that DOES matter, is that those numbers DO change & you must be able to read them off AT THE TIME they are calling you about them. It makes NO difference WHATSOEVER if you & your receiver(s) are at your house, 50 miles away, 500 miles away, 2000 miles away, in a hotel, girlfriends house, whorehouse, camper, car, etc - as long as you can see your receiver screens is the ONLY thing that matters.

Sorry, but receiver audits will NOT stop movers, unless they start sending people out to your place to find you... ;) ;)

Slingbox in from your home in Maine and get the ID off the screen in DC to give to the auditor. Don't have time to slingbox in? The auditor wants the number right now?" Sorry, I haven't got access to the room, they are painting it and the box is unplugged and covered with a tarp. I can call you back later tonight" (when I slinglbox in to my Dish 622 and get you the info from the screen you are crying about.)

So many work arounds... why people worry about an audit is beyond me.

justify it anyway you want to, it's stealing,,, and so is cheating on your wife even if your wife is "blackedout" any given night and you feel you want some

haha... stacking, "moving" and cheating on your spouse are three different things. I think most spouses couldn't care less if a guy does the first two, but I think she would feel strongly against her husband doing the third.

Aside from what is morally correct, legal, or whatever, the talk is about how it's done and what works and doesn't work.

What doesn't work is a discussion about any topic on here that is going along good and then the Morality Police step in and cry, "that's illegal, that's wrong."

Hello Dummy, nobody asked about what is right and what is wrong. How do you "move," and how do you "stack." Keep your morality and legality BS, oh yeah and the wife cheating comparison to yourself.

This happens with every questionable post. "What you are doing is illegal, burning a 622 recording to a DVD-R, that is a copyright violation!" Sorry, didn't ask about that. If a person doesn't want to answer how to do something or offer up suggestions, and all you bring to the table is a bitch about how it is wrong, just shut up and view another thread. It is different if somebody is asking the legality of something, but otherwise, there is no need for anybody to dip in with their interpretation of what is OK and what is not. Just answer the questions.

I'm sick of this all over this site. Every thread has somebody that knows it all about copyright, Dish policy, etc. Shut up!

I have never stolen ANY software, if I want it, I buy it. Just because YOU are a thief does NOT mean everyone is. Some of us have never stolen ANYTHING in our lives

Actually, he is pretty accurate on this. I have a computer business and do a lot of residential computer repair. Most, if not all, people have some piece of software on their computer (IE MS Office, antivirus software, etc) that they borrowed and did not pay for. Whether you like it or not, people do not view intellectual property the same way they do going into a store and physically stealing something from the shelf. Many people don't even understand that they just can't borrow a CD from a friend and install the software. But he is right, most people are in violation of this. "Oh, I brought MS Office home from work and installed it."

But anyway, nobody cares about your opinion of right and wrong on this thread. This is about "moving." Not your opinion on it's legality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)