Moving receiver between 2 dishes??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texaschad

Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Houston, TX
I have a receiver in my garage that I want to take with me to a camp I have that is about 2 hours north of me (~130 miles). If I install a dish at my camp, and carry my receiver with me, will this work? It's a hunting camp, and don't need an extra Directv package for somewhere that I will go a couple of times a month. Thanks.

It should work fine, but you may not get your local channels at that distance from home.

I don't believe it will be worth the hassel. You can change your billing address when you at the hunting camp, then change it back. Personally, your locals should still work 200+ miles away. Again, depends on spot beam. Good luck

I don't believe it will be worth the hassel. You can change your billing address when you at the hunting camp, then change it back. Personally, your locals should still work 200+ miles away. Again, depends on spot beam. Good luck

They MIGHT work, but 130 miles is far enough that they MAY not work.
Texaschad, you can contact Directv and tell them where you are temporarily moving to and they will give you those locals. What are the two zip codes you will be going between?

I just checked the maps and it looks like you should have no problem getting sd locals as far north as Jacksonville. The hd locals might work, might not.

Spot beams are funny depending what part of the spot your in in the first place. Lets say your in the northern half and you move south it will benefit you. But the opposite will hurt you. Find out what transponder your locals are on, then check the signal strength at the new address. If its dead or intermittent then call Direct and tell them your service address has moved and that you need your account updated. When Direct changes that it will send and update to your box to get that area locals.

Spot beams are funny depending what part of the spot your in in the first place. Lets say your in the northern half and you move south it will benefit you. But the opposite will hurt you. Find out what transponder your locals are on, then check the signal strength at the new address. If its dead or intermittent then call Direct and tell them your service address has moved and that you need your account updated. When Direct changes that it will send and update to your box to get that area locals.

This is where I was going when I asked about his zip, but he's not responded yet.
Maybe he's working !

My home service is in 77386, but the other location is in 76653. The remote location is between Houston and Dallas, the local channels will probbaly come out of Waco. They have affiliates for ABC, NBC and CBS in Waco.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)