Moving Receiver From One Home To Another

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

abplanalp

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Florida
Hello, I am a new User who has two homes - I spend the winter in Florida and the summer in Colorado. I also have a RV that has a VIP211K receiver and an automatic antenna although the service hasn't been set up yet in the RV.

Some years ago, I had Dish service in Colorado but later changed to cable. However, the Dish antenna is still mounted to the house. My Florida house also has a Dish antenna already installed.

Since I am only at one location at a time, in my simple mind, I don't see any reason why I couldn't have one Dish account and take the receiver with me when I move from one location to another.

I understand that, if one asks this question of a Dish Customer Service Representative, they say "absolutely not."

Is it technically possible to do this?

Thanks.

Jay

When someone has 2 homes and they spend half the time in each place you can set up a dish mover for your second home and Dish will come out and install just as a new install at the 2nd home. I would call Dish and have them tag your account as a snowbird account and set up a dish mover for your Colorado home. That way a tech can come out and make sure you have the appropriate dish to get 119,110 and 129 and if not they will swap out the dish and run the lines or whatever you need. I believe the rule for this is that you must have all the equipment on your account at the Colorado home when they come to do the install for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts