Moving Service Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tmbstone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
I am going to be moving to a new residence and was wondering if I should transfer service there now or wait until May when the MVR rollout goes nationwide. Either way, I will be needing to add two HD receivers to my account.

The living room has a router and my HR22 will be hardwired there. The other two locations for the receivers do not have Cat5 routed there yet.

Should I wait to transfer the service and sign up for Uverse since there is no contract to cancel that if I go back to DTV, or should I go ahead and move my service now. My concern with moving now is that the installer wont install equipment that will allow MRV in the near future.

All HR2x series DVRs will do MRV so you don't need to wait for that. What you're waiting for is DECA.

Will all of your receivers be SWiM compatible after the move is complete?

To transfer the service, you MUST be set up at the new location with all of the intended televisions in place.

If you do tinker with U-verse, you should consider suspending your D* account during the testing period.

My fiancee has Uverse there and it seems to be ok, but there are a few issues that bother me with it. We will probably keep Uverse for just the internet.

Yes, the TVs are in place, but not cat5 running to them, just coax. Im guessing that if I were to go to Best Buy and purchase an HD receiver for those TVs they would be H23s, does that sound right. Are those SWiM compatible?

My fiancee has Uverse there and it seems to be ok, but there are a few issues that bother me with it. We will probably keep Uverse for just the internet.

Yes, the TVs are in place, but not cat5 running to them, just coax. Im guessing that if I were to go to Best Buy and purchase an HD receiver for those TVs they would be H23s, does that sound right. Are those SWiM compatible?

More than likely they will be HR22's and YES they are SWiM Capable.

Harshness,
The non DVR (h20-100 and -600) versions are NOT MRV capable as they don't have Ethernet connections

The non DVR (h20-100 and -600) versions are NOT MRV capable as they don't have Ethernet connections
I knew that. The key here is that the OP was looking to acquire new receivers and the chances of getting an H20 are vanishingly slim.

I knew that. The key here is that the OP was looking to acquire new receivers and the chances of getting an H20 are vanishingly slim.

Oh, I understand that.
I was just pointing out that you mentioned ALL the H series.
Actually after looking again, you said HR series and YES the HR series are all capable.
My mistake, read it too quickly.

overview to OP,

H series does NOT have MRV capability.
HR series DOES.

Thanks for the help. I decided to stay with UVerse for the time being. It looks like they upgraded in my area and I can get the 3hd/1sd configuration.

Im going to suspend my DTV and see how things shake out in a couple months with MRV gets rolled out nationwide.

I will still be lurking here to stay up to date. :)

You might want to amend that statement.

"H series does NOT have MRV capability."

Whats wrong with that statement ?

H does NOT, HR does .

H has no ethernet connection so no way to connect for MRV.

Unless the newer H does, the H21-23 ......
I don't know, let me know.

Unless the newer H does, the H21-23 ......
I don't know, let me know.
All the non-20 H series receivers (including the H24) feature 10/100 Ethernet support. The H20 models are the only ones that don't. This is why there was such a big scramble (among those who valued MRV over OTA) to avoid/get rid of them when MRV came out for the H21).

Status
Please reply by conversation.