Moving service

coldashell

Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Iowa
Has anyone had to move out of state while subscribing to Voom and what is the easiest method. I am hesitant to cancel my sub while there is so much uncertainty about the company. Any ideas?

coldashell said:
Has anyone had to move out of state while subscribing to Voom and what is the easiest method. I am hesitant to cancel my sub while there is so much uncertainty about the company. Any ideas?

What I do is stay subscribed, install at the new place, call VOOM with a change of address.

Rob.

Didn't they require to do the move before? I'm sure they will not do the move now. I guess you would just have to call and tell them your change of address and phone number since the phone connection is required too (unless you are taking your number with you).

If everything is truly being run "business as usual", I would expect them to get your new info, set up a "transfer of service" order (I think it's like $125), and set up an install with a company near your new home. Call Voom and ask.

Hmmm maybe some confusion on my post.

I meant self-move/install VOOM and then call with a change of address. Since VOOM requires an install to get the equipment, I was forced to use their "professional" install service. After that experience I will avoid "professional" installs AT ALL COSTS (they didn't ground anything, left a MESS, etcetera).

Rob.

Thanks rvsixer, I agree to many issues with professional installers. Especially after reading the horror stories right here. After eventually helping original installer get it right I will try on my own. Thanks Steve

rvsixer said:
What I do is stay subscribed, install at the new place, call VOOM with a change of address.

Rob.

That is exactly what I did when I moved from Houston to Phoenix... V* was actually not very happy with me moving it myself, but they got over it... If you are moving to a different city, the local DMA mapping will not change until you call them and let them know where you are now located.

I really hope that V* will ease up the install requirement, I think they would actually grow their subs if they would allow "self installs"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)