"Moving" So My Local HD Sports Are Not Blacked Out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
This applies to me as an NFLST and NHLCI sub

Well, I know I am in the right place for this one, I am a Sunday Ticket holder with SuperFan. Despite having a couple of waivers The Denver Bronco games are frequently blacked out as per the restrictions. I was thinking ... I am not much of a Seahawks fan and have many family members in Spokane, WA all of whom appear to be cable loyalists.

So here is the deal and I apologize now if this is all convoluted. If I "move" to the Spokane market:

1) I will get all Denver games in HD if they are telecast in this format via NFLST?
2) I will have no locals other than OTA because of the spot beam locations.
3) I will get all Colorado Avalanche games in HD that are on HDNet and OLNHD (if we get this carrier)
4) I still get the Altitude Sports Network as long as I have to sports pack, knowing I will not get SD games from the Denver market except though the ST & CI packages.

Now in all of this ... I also still have expanded basic cable for free with my cable modem, plus a Harmony remote to make switching between CBL & SAT easy if I had must. With the cable I currently get all SD sports for my market, however, it is not used because I never have the need.

Please let me know your thoughts on this all. If I had to list an "objective" for the move it would maximize HD sports programming for my household with no blackout consequences.

slacker9876 said:
This applies to me as an NFLST and NHLCI sub

Well, I know I am in the right place for this one, I am a Sunday Ticket holder with SuperFan. Despite having a couple of waivers The Denver Bronco games are frequently blacked out as per the restrictions. I was thinking ... I am not much of a Seahawks fan and have many family members in Spokane, WA all of whom appear to be cable loyalists.

I'm assuming you're having trouble getting good OTA reception. There may be some issues with this "move".

If the local Seattle stations decide to show a Broncos game, your ST feed will be blacked out. You'd be forced to watch the game from the OTA.

slacker9876 said:
So here is the deal and I apologize now if this is all convoluted. If I "move" to the Spokane market:

1) I will get all Denver games in HD if they are telecast in this format via NFLST?
Not if a Seattle station is showing this game.

slacker9876 said:
2) I will have no locals other than OTA because of the spot beam locations.
You may qualify for some LA feeds of networks if the Seattle stations are O&O.

slacker9876 said:
3) I will get all Colorado Avalanche games in HD that are on HDNet and OLNHD (if we get this carrier)

OLN and HDNet have national rights to the games they broadcast, so you should be able to get those games no matter where you are. In fact, the FSN or Altitude feed may be blacked out for those games instead.

slacker9876 said:
4) I still get the Altitude Sports Network as long as I have to sports pack, knowing I will not get SD games from the Denver market except though the ST & CI packages.
I believe this is true.

slacker9876 said:
Now in all of this ... I also still have expanded basic cable for free with my cable modem, plus a Harmony remote to make switching between CBL & SAT easy if I had must. With the cable I currently get all SD sports for my market, however, it is not used because I never have the need.

Please let me know your thoughts on this all. If I had to list an "objective" for the move it would maximize HD sports programming for my household with no blackout consequences.

I don't think you will be gaining as much as you think a "move" to Seattle. I would work on getting better OTA reception to solve the blackout issue or "move" to a white area, where there is no OTA and no claim from any station. You would be eligible for all of the LA HD DNS feeds.

I think you may be right, that is why I wanted to post here in case someone thought of something I have not. Our market is not slated before 4/1/2006 according to the rumor list and OTA is not a very viable option as I get what I get ... short of adding an array of HOA illegal antennas (governed by OTARD) on my house that is NBC, PBS & FOX. I may just need to wait this one out...

"You may qualify for some LA feeds of networks if the Seattle stations are O&O."

Forget it; none of the big 4 are O&O in Seattle.

or maybe LA, that way you could still get primetime shows at the same time as you would get them on your local channels.

dgordo said:
or maybe LA, that way you could still get primetime shows at the same time as you would get them on your local channels.
I think he said NYC because all stations are O&O there .. I asked for details. NY LA makes no difference to me because I have an HD Tivo for network broadcasts. Live sports are my biggie.

Well I made it to NY ... it is nice and since the locals there are HD ... it should be good livin

slacker9876 said:
Well I made it to NY ... it is nice and since the locals there are HD ... it should be good livin

Nice!

Im moved to NYC also..

All good for now, but Im not sure how its all going to shake out once MPEG-4 rolls out and supposedly no self installs are allowed..

Anybody care to chime in on this scenario?

How did you guys find an address to "move" to? I want to do the same thing.

BrianB said:
How did you guys find an address to "move" to? I want to do the same thing.

Be creative ... I can't tell you where I moved but it is quite funny.

Well I only need this until 4/1/06 myself. By then one of two things will have happened, D* will carry the Denver locals in HD or Denver will have resolved the court dispute about the high power tower location. I wanted the HD for football and hockey.

Call it guilty, but I was wondering if "moving" is considered signal theft at all. I mean I am paying but getting a DMA I shouldn't ...

I live in Denver myself and actually plan on "moving" to the mountains. That way I can still get the Denver locals but also the LA HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts