Moving to a New State

Boater

Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
My account with Dish Network was set up in New York where I kept the box disconnected from the phone line. I have just moved to Florida and want to get another box. I understand that I now have to use a phone line to activate the new box.

Will this be a problem if my phone number is still a New York number, which has been disconnected? Or should I change my phone number to my Florida number?

What about the billing address?

What about the service address?

Can I change the phone number to my Florida number and leave the billing and service addresses alone?

This is a grey area question....but if you are wanting new stuff you must use a different name, SSN, CCard, and phone number.

Boater said:
My account with Dish Network was set up in New York where I kept the box disconnected from the phone line. I have just moved to Florida and want to get another box. I understand that I now have to use a phone line to activate the new box.

Will this be a problem if my phone number is still a New York number, which has been disconnected? Or should I change my phone number to my Florida number?

What about the billing address?

What about the service address?

Can I change the phone number to my Florida number and leave the billing and service addresses alone?

Who told you that you needed a phone line to activate a receiver? And what kind of receiver are you trying to activate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts