Moving to C Band..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

N3KTH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Kinda like back to the future as I started on C band analog years and years ago... But What I really want to do is add a C band dish to my FTA setup.. I'm not really interested in a lot of Sats on C band (I thought of using a stationary dish but I want at least 2 sats, the one with the RTN channels and the one with the Networks)...

I'd like to make this as simple as possible, without multiple receivers, external dish movers, etc... I heard that there is some called a "X Box" or something like that (got the name wrong probably) which will allow me to operate my FTA receiver normally and the C band dish will move when needed...

Any ideas on the easiest way to do this..

If you already have an FTA setup you can get Equity from G10 and use stationary to get the nets. That's what I am doing and it would be the easiest for you.

Ditto. There is a transponder on G3 with the Equity stuff on it but most of the channels are Spanish. There are a couple English but those are mainly “My Network” stations

I took the fixed dish at G4/G16 for the nets and a fixed dish at G10. Run one line from G10 to the 13v (V) side of a multiswitch and one line from G16 to the 18v (H) side. This allows me to use 4 receivers and get the nets and RTN stuff with only one switch. Sure you don’t get the other polarity (13v on G4 and 18v on G10) but for what I want it for, that’s no biggie.

thread on setup
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63099&highlight=multiswitch

Fta

I have 10 ft. cband dish with c + ku , I have a Technosat 10/10 I've had some luck getting some channels got the arib channels on t5 and used to get the alaska channels on I think amc7 but never could get anything on G10 that seems where most of the channels are at are my LNB's wrong for G10 or am I doing something wrong. I know the technosat probably isn't a very good reciever, and it didn't come with much for instructions most every thing I had to learn trial by error. Is G10 the same as G0 or is it in a little different pos. This may sound dumb but I really don't understand everything I know about FTA. Thanks Charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)