"Moving" to Pittsburgh, PA

what outher package could i add to require them to upgrade my dish to that? I was hoping my 1000.2 would work what outher DMA would work to "move" to that i'd be in the beam for?

Any dma on 129 as those are all currently conus

But which are HD Locals, thats my main reason for this, as dish prolly wont add us till at leat mid 2009 Since they think Cleveland And Cinci are more important to add. I could allways do the NCY or LA thing, but i dont want to be ovious. So what DMA that i can get with a D1000.2 can i move to and get HD Locals.

But which are HD Locals, thats my main reason for this, as dish prolly wont add us till at leat mid 2009 Since they think Cleveland And Cinci are more important to add. I could allways do the NCY or LA thing, but i dont want to be ovious. So what DMA that i can get with a D1000.2 can i move to and get HD Locals.

As of right now, Atlanta is the only Eastern Time Zone DMA with HD locals on the 129. That's important because the program guide is based on your time zone. Being in Columbus, I don't think you'll be able to pull the SD locals, but you'll get the HD locals for NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX.

If your intent is to get the 4 networks in HD and you are not trying to get a certain area for sport related programs, then move where you can currently get a signal (61.5 or 129). As far as being obvious, who do you think it would not be obvious to? When you give a different (out of state ) address and keep your current phone number, not being obvious just went out the window. Of course E* knows what you are doing but so far they have played it as a "don't ask, don't tell" thing.

Getting the SD versions of those HD channels, for most markets, is a different story. That takes you being able to get the spotbeams.

If your intent is to get the 4 networks in HD and you are not trying to get a certain area for sport related programs, then move where you can currently get a signal (61.5 or 129). As far as being obvious, who do you think it would not be obvious to? When you give a different (out of state ) address and keep your current phone number, not being obvious just went out the window. Of course E* knows what you are doing but so far they have played it as a "don't ask, don't tell" thing.

Getting the SD versions of those HD channels, for most markets, is a different story. That takes you being able to get the spotbeams.

I actualy had a very reasonable and logical reason when i called. Stated i was in the process of moving and wanted to at least have tv up and going at the new place since it allready had a dn dish up. And that my "wife" was startiung work in the new city allready thus why we moved, and that i was tasked with getting the stuff to the new house and would like to be able to watch some tv in boths sports but the misses has to haver her local news, which is now la,ca or atl. Guy had no problem, but couldent do it since i have a service call setup for this tues.

I actualy had a very reasonable and logical reason when i called. Stated i was in the process of moving and wanted to at least have tv up and going at the new place since it allready had a dn dish up. And that my "wife" was startiung work in the new city allready thus why we moved, and that i was tasked with getting the stuff to the new house and would like to be able to watch some tv in boths sports but the misses has to haver her local news, which is now la,ca or atl. Guy had no problem, but couldent do it since i have a service call setup for this tues.

There's really no need for all that. You just call them with a new service address, but you want to keep everything else the same. Just remember to move back if you need service.

You guys are taking this thing way more serious than E* is. There is no "obvious" to it. When you keep your same phone number and move 6 states away, I think they know what you are doing.

It is this simple:
Call Dish or use the chat.
Say I would like to CHANGE my service address.
I want to keep the same mailing address & phone number.
I want the locals for the new service address.
I already have the dishes / equipment in place.
You're done.

I have never had Dish to ask if I was really moving to the new service address and I certainly never spent time making up a story as to why I am moving. I figure if I request to change my service address and they don't care enough to ask any other questions, I have no problem watching the 4 networks in HD. It's not like I'm getting them free, I pay for them.

Im still nervous to MOVE as I dont know if I can get boston hd ,i live in nh 100 miles away from Boston , right now i get burllington VT. I have 110/119/65.1 Ijust dont what to call or live chat and not be able to get them PLEASE HELP ME

Im still nervous to MOVE as I dont know if I can get boston hd ,i live in nh 100 miles away from Boston , right now i get burllington VT. I have 110/119/65.1 Ijust dont what to call or live chat and not be able to get them PLEASE HELP ME

Boston HD is on 61.5 TP 21 and it is CONUS. You could check your signal strength on 61.5 / TP 26, but you should be able to get it fine. The SD channels are a different story, all but one are on spot beams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts