Moving, want Dish to install HD w/ new home's existing terrestrial antennae...

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
So, at long last, 10 months and 4 near misses in potential home buys later, we closed on our first house this past Monday. We're having some work done over the next few weeks (carpet, painting, light carpentry, master bath overhaul) and move in on May 9th.

Of course, the big thing is having Dish come in and do the Mover install on May 10! :D

So, my setup at our condo now is that we have a terrestrial HD antennae and a twin-dish setup (500 and second dish for locals/HD) that combine on the roof and feed into our 3-room satellite service--w/ diplexers in each room at the reciever end. It's worked like a charm. I recall that the initial E* installers at first balked at working the antennae into the setup, but I/reason eventually prevailed (we had the terrestrial antennae installed before Dish).

The new house has an older terrestrial TV antennae already mounted on the chimney. I called a reputable A/V installer about doing a new antennae (Abt Electronics, they did our current antennae install), and the fellow suggested, and to his credit I think, that we'd best try to use the existing rigging, as it might work just fine. So, what's the best way to work things w/ Dish in doing this new Mover install? Two rooms are already serviced by cable runs, so they'll be straightforward for the sat runs. The third room is in the basement, and will require a new pull/plug. The added complexity of the antennae testing/diplexing--is this something I'll be able to get accomplished under the mover program? It IS a replication of my existing setup, mostly, but I'm fearing that the installer will balk at the amount of work.

Suggestions?

I will NEED some quality HD after this move. My wife will be well into her 3rd trimester and I know its going to fall on my shoulders (as it should). Me need satellite goodness!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)