Moving was a good thing !!!

question me if I'm changing the service address a few days after they came to my house on Saturday?

NO they don't care except to ask you if you need the dishmover or a new dish installed. Simply say NO thankyou I have already installed mine. I once called after I had the sat dish installed after Hurricane Rita hit, to tell them that the installation was complete and to take my dish pause off the account. I then immediately called back and told them I had moved back to Houston and I needed locals from that area. The chances of you ever getting the same csr are probably astronomical. They have call in centers all over the country and India and I think the Phillipines too. THEY DO NOT CARE as long as you pay your bill and you don't tell them what you are really doing.

Has anyone tried the LA locals? How are they for PQ?

IF you are talking about the sd locals I thought the pq was not good . IF you are talking about the hd ones I can't say. Make sure that if you move that you are still within the spotbeam area to be able to pick up the signal for L. A. . They are no longer on conus beam for sd locals and the Hd locals are on the 129 satellite. The hd ones are not on spotbeam so you could get them if you have a second dish for 129 or a dish 1000.

Anyone willing to tell me where I should "move" to to get local HD?

How do you come up with a address in your new locale?

Thanks in advance for any help & suggestions.

Do a google search for the area you want to move to. IN case of L. A. do a google search for movie theaters in L. A. . Once you have a real address add an apartment number to it and you will have a new service address that will qualify for L. a. locals on the dishnetwork address broker on their website. Then call & tell Dish of your new service address , but keep my billing and phone number what it is already and I would like L. A. locals . VIola you have now got L. A. locals.

Thanks for the help Mike. If I switch to Chicago, they're an hour behind in the central zone. My guide will read 7 when it's 8 here. Would the shows still show at 8 here or actually show at 7, which is what the guide would show.

Thanks for the help Mike. If I switch to Chicago, they're an hour behind in the central zone. My guide will read 7 when it's 8 here. Would the shows still show at 8 here or actually show at 7, which is what the guide would show.
You guide will be off by an hour as well as the time. The shows will not shift. They will show at the same moment they would have regardless of your zone being Eastern or Central. It is going to be pretty confusing. Why don't you go to DC or Philly locals?

So the show would still show at 8 EST but just read 7 Central. I'm moving to Chicago because I'm from there and I'll be able to get Comcast Chicago as well as local FOX HD so I'll get the Bears games.

You guide will be off by an hour as well as the time. The shows will not shift. They will show at the same moment they would have regardless of your zone being Eastern or Central. It is going to be pretty confusing. Why don't you go to DC or Philly locals?

Find a campground in the area you want and use that address. I would update the service address, then see if it changes, if not call back in 24 hours and tell them you are not getting the correct locals and they will fix it.

IF you are talking about the sd locals I thought the pq was not good . IF you are talking about the hd ones I can't say. Make sure that if you move that you are still within the spotbeam area to be able to pick up the signal for L. A. . They are no longer on conus beam for sd locals and the Hd locals are on the 129 satellite. The hd ones are not on spotbeam so you could get them if you have a second dish for 129 or a dish 1000.

Thanks, Possibly saved me a move and return. All I had checked was that HD was on 129 and not spotbeam. Only interest in LA was that it was same time zone and they get local Fox HD. But given the SD on spotbeams and also that I'd lose my local sports (FoxNW) it isn't worth it. Don't think there are any other local HD cities on the west coast that aren't spotbeam. Dish and Tribune (local Fox provider) coming to terms would eliminate the whole problem.

so much for preserving broadcast television’s rich tradition of localism (what does this mean anyway?).
QUOTE]

What? You mean Dr. Phil isn't sitting in our local studio waiting for Oprah and Regis and Kelly to finishe their shows?

What a joke... there actually did used to be a rich tradition of localism. I grew up in the Cleveland area and we had all kinds of local shows throughout the day and very little reruns (or syndicated programming).

The Prize Movie, Barnaby, Romper Room (ok, so this was franchised but our version was local), Big Chuck and Little John, Superhost, The Ghoul, Ghoulardi, etc...

There is nothing more than an hour and a half of local news on our channels these days, unless you count the local commercials that eat up a couple of minutes every hour.

These guys can't hide behind their lobby forever....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts