Moving with DirecTV questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snlive888

Original poster
May 24, 2016
Charleston, SC
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some advice on how to handle my upcoming move to my new house. I have already contacted DirecTV about moving and got some great deals to lower my bill and upgrade my equipment to a Genie with 2 wireless genie minis.

At my house now, I have an HR24 in the living room and H25 in the master bedroom.

In my new house, I know I want to have the main genie in the living room and one mini in the master. My issue here is I also want to add service to my detached garage that is about 85 ft away from the house.

Would it be possible to bring my current dish with me and mount it on the garage and keep one of my old receivers instead of the extra mini genie for tv out there?

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some advice on how to handle my upcoming move to my new house. I have already contacted DirecTV about moving and got some great deals to lower my bill and upgrade my equipment to a Genie with 2 wireless genie minis.

At my house now, I have an HR24 in the living room and H25 in the master bedroom.

In my new house, I know I want to have the main genie in the living room and one mini in the master. My issue here is I also want to add service to my detached garage that is about 85 ft away from the house.

Would it be possible to bring my current dish with me and mount it on the garage and keep one of my old receivers instead of the extra mini genie for tv out there?
Yes, however, I doubt the D* guy would set up the garage.

I don't know how many TV's your dealing with, but I would recommend keeping the HR24 as one of your recvrs, this way if the Genie ever goes down, you'll at least have the HR24 to fall back on.
If you have 3 TV's and want to use the client (mini) thats fine.

Seconded. When I moved last year I kept my HR24 and added the Genie with two wireless clients.

Worked out perfectly as the house was prewired with coax in two rooms. Used the genie in one, the HR24 in the other and the two wireless minis. I think a separate structure 85 feet away is going to be a bit of stretch but it may just work.

85' is probably not going to work wirelessly. however, if you happened to have run + buried the coax out there yourself, the tech will probably accommodate your request to have a receiver out there.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)