Moving with Dish, a few questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wolrah

Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
I just moved from renting a room in a friend's house to an apartment. With that of course comes some fun with keeping my Dish service.

First, I do not know whether I even have good angles to the birds. I know I can't see 61.5, so I'll be losing my HD locals, but the other three are unknowns. I have a spare DirecTV 18" dish+LNB, can I hook that to my VIP722 for some quick tests before I go an unmount the 1000.2 from my friend's place?

Second, assuming I have usable angles, what mounting solutions are there aside from the well known bucket of concrete? I'm particularly interested in something I could clamp around the porch pillars or install through a bedroom window (the latter being my best angle, but the former obviously being significantly easier). We all know the 1000.2 and its ilk are tricky to aim, so a stable mount is key but of course being an apartment it must be temporary.

Third, more of a region specific question, I'm looking for a reputable installer to call in the Cleveland area if I decide it's too much for me to bother with on my own. I don't want to do the DishMover thing since I understand it requires a contract extension, and the local cable company is improving their HD offering enough that when my current contract is up I'd strongly consider jumping ship to them with a TivoHD as long as the SDV adapters work well.

Thanks in advance, I've learned so much from lurking here.

But you do realize you're entitled to a free dish mover, yes?
Again, my understanding of dishmover is that it involves a contract extension which i'd rather avoid, so I don't want to use it.

e: wtf is with the huge spacing on quotes? broken vbull?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)