"moving" with Dish and my zip code question

I'm on my W2K computer right now and it won't show me Google Earth, so I can't check those two spotbeams at the moment. But I am assuming they point to two different areas of Missouri, which is good. If two spotbeams overlap St Louis (?), they will likely have transponder sets for the two spotbeams that don't interfere, i.e. are on different frequences in different spots. So, assuming they don't need the transponders for other DMAs in the 2nd spotbeam, they could in principle lay down twice the channels for that city than they could if there were only one spot on that city. Will they ever use that capability? Doubt it. But I'm only guessing. ;) It's probably just ill-fitting ground spots for the given geographic area.

Those maps are awesome. Why do some cities have 2 spot beams on the same satellite? For instance, on E16, 61.5, I see St. Louis has SP61 which has a more central coverage area over Missouri, and then I see SP35, which is more centered around Southeast Missouri?
Could be multiple markets in your area served by different spots. The satellites are designed to provide service from several satellite slots, so you will see many spots that never are used at one location but may become active at a different satellite slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)