Moving with my Dishplayer 7200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wombat

Original poster
May 23, 2004
I'm being transferred to another town and I currently have a Dishplayer 7200. I keep it because I like the interface, features and hard drive upgrade ability (I've got a 120 GB drive in it now.)

Do I need to worry about the new installation using switches and such that are incompatible with my 7200? Since I did the original installation myself (back in 1998), should I just take it all down and do another self-install rather than try to use the Dishmover program, and that way make sure that I have compatibillity?

Am I worrying for nothing?

Thanks.

Yes, Yes, No.

You obviously feel that you can git-r-done, and on the whole, that's gonna be your best bet because you'll take the time to do it to your satisfaction.

Biggest issue is whether your new town has the same lcals as the old. In other words, are you going to need a SD or wing dish? THAT would be a problem.

Thanks for the feedback

Yep, it sounds like a git-r-done kinda job. No problem with the locals, I'm moving from 100 miles outside of Phoenix to inside of Phoenix. I think the azimuth, elevation, and skew change very little if at all.

I was wistfully hoping to have someone else climb around on the roof, but if you want a job done right . . .

Yeah - there will be some slight changes in the numbers, but remember that your new mount might be a little off in a different direction than the old one, so I wouldn't bother changing the settings in advance. Just throw it up there and peak it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)