moving

davev

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2004
I live in northeast Ohio will I be able to move to South Bend and get there local channels

I live in northeast Ohio will I be able to move to South Bend and get there local channels

If you go to Dish web site and plug in address (the one you would use to "move" to) under locals information and qualification site-- it should show you what locals would be available there.

You need to pick an address that qualifies for channels that are broadcast on SAT that you are set up to get. For example do you have wing dish for 61 or for 129?? If they are on a spotbeam are you within range of that beam. Or if they are on CONUS no porblem as it is nationwide.

There are lists on this site (see above) that help you reference what is broadcast where. Seems like Dish is moving around some of the locals so you may want to make sure they have that sorted out for the area you are interested in.

If the question is "Can I get South Bend locals if I 'move' there and I am at Northeast Ohio?" The answer is NO. You cannot physically receive the correct spot beam the South Bend locals are on.

If the question is, "I am actually physically moving to Southbend and I want to get their local channels. Can I switch locals on my account?" The answer is yes.

If the question is, "I am moving to South Bend but I want to keep my northeast locals, can I do that?" The answer is no because you cannot see the northeast Ohio spot beam in South Bend, IN.

I hope that covers all the angles.

See ya
Tony

If the question is "Can I get South Bend locals if I 'move' there and I am at Northeast Ohio?" The answer is NO. You cannot physically receive the correct spot beam the South Bend locals are on.

If the question is, "I am actually physically moving to Southbend and I want to get their local channels. Can I switch locals on my account?" The answer is yes.

If the question is, "I am moving to South Bend but I want to keep my northeast locals, can I do that?" The answer is no because you cannot see the northeast Ohio spot beam in South Bend, IN.

I hope that covers all the angles.

See ya
Tony
Thanks tony that answers it all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts