"Moving"

I believe most of our 'movers' that are not RVers are also connected to the internet. Internet is not a problem issue nor is GPS...
Exactly... If the Hoppers were GPS equipped, calling in or chatting to "move" our service addresses should at least raise an eyebrow when the new address doesn't match the GPS location. They've never even questioned that my service address never matches my billing address.

What questions do they ask you when you "move"?
This is the typical script I pasted into the chat window before the change option was added to the MyDish app. The usual response was a notice of the new DMA along with a mention that it would take several minutes for the change to update. I don't recall any questions being asked beyond the usual "Anything else..." or a pitch for an add-on service.

Hi,

This account is for my RV, and my Service Address has changed.
My Billing Address has NOT changed.

Please change my SERVICE Address only to:

13851 FL-19
Fort McCoy, FL 32134

and update my program guide.

Thank you!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had to have a receiver replaced and made the mistake ok hooking it to the internet. A week later I got a call from DISH that they were sending a technician out realign my dish since it was reporting low signal on my locals. My dma is one of the newer, and has no HD, so I have to ‘move’ to one of two nearby Dma’s to get the networks in HD. My dma was set up because an ABC station in the middle of know where complained.

The eastern arc Cleveland HD spot beam (22s4) is fairly large and likely does cover your location. The western arc HD beam on 129 is much smaller.

Attachments

• e16t22.gif
    e16t22.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 100
The eastern arc Cleveland HD spot beam (22s4) is fairly large and likely does cover your location. The western arc HD beam on 129 is much smaller.
Exactly, there is a way to test this for yourself. Cleveland HD locals are on 61.5 transponder 22. If you have a Hopper you can press Home three times then go down to Dish, next select 61.5 for satellite and then change transponder to 22. If it goes to a lock and shows green along with it saying Spotbeam, you are golden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)