MPEG 4 Pixilation Continues

sdsumann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
So here is my question. I think it is clear that the MPEG 4 encoders are still having problems.

I am located in Los Angeles and receive both OTA and dish network locals. My parents are unable to receive OTA signals and are stuck with dish locals. Pixilation occurs quite frequently especially during high movement type scenes (ie football games). When I view the items via OTA no issues, when I review them from the satellite local I find the problem there, during both live and recorded shows. As I am sure you are all aware the problem basically is a picture freeze with a pixilated image following most of the time by portions of the screen being green. Audio is not effected. It lasts from several seconds to 30 seconds or so. It becomes annoying especially when you miss a whole play but cant here that it was an "amazing" play.

My question, Is dish aware of the problem? Is it a problem with the encoders? If it is a problem with the encoders has it been solved with new encoders? Will they swap out the encoders from the LA market? I am just trying to give my parents an eta for no more pixilation, as they are becoming quite frustrated and considering TWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)