Mpeg 4 programing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
What is the percent of HD channels being transmitted by D* in Mpeg4?
All? some? sometimes?

Thinking of getting D* for the PQ.
Mike

Most of the hd is MPEG4. Only 6 or 7 are still MPEG2 and hopefully those will be MPEG4 by the end of the year.

Not being rude - just ignorant. What is so difficult about switching the MPEG2 to MPEG4? Is this complicated or are they just dragging there feet? ESPN on DTV sucks - it is god aweful! The only good thing I can say about my old cable company was the there ESPN was perfect. The MP4 channels are so superior - you would think they would want all there programming that way. Anyone know why? Any confirmed timetable? Is DTV even considering updating these channels?

I think they still have some receivers out there that will not do MPEG4, just MPEG2. Probably trying to get the word out that MPEG2 receivers will be going bye bye. I have Dish and ESPN hd is MPEG4. ESPN2 hd is MPEG4. The pq on both are terrible. It goes alot deeper about the feed than if it is MPEG4 on those channels.

I think they still have some receivers out there that will not do MPEG4, just MPEG2. Probably trying to get the word out that MPEG2 receivers will be going bye bye. I have Dish and ESPN hd is MPEG4. ESPN2 hd is MPEG4. The pq on both are terrible. It goes alot deeper about the feed than if it is MPEG4 on those channels.

I wonder what Comcrap is doing then? Those two channels and there locals were always good in my area. The just didn't offer any other HD besides those.

From what I undrestand it is a feed problem with Direct and Dish. Everyone else is not having this problem. I have e-mailed Dish about it. Have not heard anything from them.

Yes. Like Direct, Dish has a few channels hd channels using MPEG2. Most of them in MPEG4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts