MPEG 4 upgrade issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dblake15

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
First time poster, long time reader. Just a quick question. I just upgraded to the 5 LNB and H20 STB, but I am getting pretty weak signal readings from the satellites and transponders.

101 1,2,30,32 - Signal strength 81
110 8,10,12 (I think)- Signal strength 77
119 22 and 26- Signal Strength 77

Now here is the problem, I had 95 with the 3 LNB on 110 and 101 and now it has significantly dipped. It was clear day and everything with these test. I have contacted D* and the installer came out again and said it was as good as it is going to get. He said his meter had mid to upper 80's. Just not on the receiver.

The only thing with this is with Rain Fade, if it does rain the signal will most likely drop so far that I will not get a picture.

Any ideas on this?? Thanks for any and all responses.

Someone told me (though only one person so far) that the H20 reports lower signals than other receivers. So look into whether your other receivers are detecting the same signals and whether your entire house has a consistent level of signal room to room.

You know the installers were saying something about that today. I went and checked my other receivers and they are about the same signal. But I will check again. I had to take another update also on the H20 after the installed did a hard reset.

That is what is weird. The installers said that it is peaked as high as it can go. Now let me just say this, I have no trees or anything, it is all farmland, so I have no idea what is going on. Is the install of this new dish that different then the 3LNB??

Other than the dish/LNB specs to allow it to "see" 5 sats as opposed to three, the setup is virtually the same. A 100% plumb and level mast, an azimuth, elevation, and skew setting based on ones location.

dblake15 said:
First time poster, long time reader. Just a quick question. I just upgraded to the 5 LNB and H20 STB, but I am getting pretty weak signal readings from the satellites and transponders.
101 1,2,30,32 - Signal strength 81
110 8,10,12 (I think)- Signal strength 77
119 22 and 26- Signal Strength 77
Now here is the problem, I had 95 with the 3 LNB on 110 and 101 and now it has significantly dipped. It was clear day and everything with these test. I have contacted D* and the installer came out again and said it was as good as it is going to get. He said his meter had mid to upper 80's. Just not on the receiver.
The only thing with this is with Rain Fade, if it does rain the signal will most likely drop so far that I will not get a picture.
Any ideas on this?? Thanks for any and all responses.
Your readings are comparible to mine - and I've had no droput problem and / or rainfade issues, even during a weekend of thunderstorms in the area. The tuneres in the H20 seem to be quite solid.

Tune to channel 592 and watch the setup for a 5 LNB dish. It is quite a bit more work than a Phase 3. The H20 does show lower signal strengths than other Directv receivers.

Maybe they had to sacrifice some signal from 101, 110, 119 to get a better signal from the other slots.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts