MPEG receiver w/ C/KU band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

candyman1

Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
I have a 4dtv receiver and have KU & C band LNB's.

I am interesting in adding a mpeg receiver to this setup but unsure of the best receiver to get and what additional channels i can pick up and how to go about setting this up?

Can you get network feeds of the NFL games on Sundays?

Thanks

Candyman

I am a lot like you. I haven't found any cbs/fox affiliates yet via c-band or Ku. Looking at the Lyngsat site there appear to be quite a few up there via DVB/mpeg.

I posted something similar on the FTA forum and they said that if you pull in a CBS channel in the fall, and it's 1pm Sunday, you'll be watching football. Since I'm a Jets fan living in Michigan, getting CBS East is like finding the holy grail.

I just called NPS to restart the whole "waiver" mess I went through with D**tv before I quit them. When the jury returns it's verdict (and my local CBS affiliate hoses me again) I'll probably be joining you in mpeg-land.

JerryK said:
I am a lot like you. I haven't found any cbs/fox affiliates yet via c-band or Ku. Looking at the Lyngsat site there appear to be quite a few up there via DVB/mpeg.
3 fox nets and one CBS with MPEG/DVB. It gives us more options than the same team every week :)
I posted something similar on the FTA forum and they said that if you pull in a CBS channel in the fall, and it's 1pm Sunday, you'll be watching football. Since I'm a Jets fan living in Michigan, getting CBS East is like finding the holy grail.

you may not always get the J E T S :)
Not like the Fox on MPEG (G10) WMQF Marqette, MI...Lions every week

JerryK said:
I'm a Jets fan living in Michigan, getting CBS East is like finding the holy grail.

WVXF is the Virgin Island CBS affiliate on G10 FTA and from what I can tell they get their feed from WCBS, New York. It's possible you might catch a Jets games there.

Diamond Jim said:
WVXF is the Virgin Island CBS affiliate on G10 FTA and from what I can tell they get their feed from WCBS, New York. It's possible you might catch a Jets games there.

yes WVXF uses the feed of WCBS for most things. Unfortunately, the NFL was different. They had different games on than WCBS did.

I've been pondering that Virgin Islands affiliate for a month or so.

I assumed they "favored" the dolphins, just as a Pennsylvania "cbs east" affiliate will run Steelers games.

..but if they just mirror WCBS, then I should be golden....after I talk my wife into buying a Pansat.. :)

usually they showed the "2nd" or "3rd" game

What I mean is the main game that goes to most the country, 2nd would be the 2nd most, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)