MPEG2 east coast DNS going away

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
Well, it looks like I may have to finally swap out my HR10-250.
I just saw the message crawl on the bottom of ch82 saying that they will be moving the MPEG2 DNS in the 80s to MPEG4 in the 390s. Of course, I know about the 390s as I have the HR20-100 and have been watching them for quite some time. I liked having the 80s for backup with network HD. I can also get a new dish (Slimline SL3) as I now will have no reason for 110 and 119.

I may keep the HR10 active for awhile for its OTA recording capability.

you actually don't have to keep your HR10-250 active with D* to keep receiving and recording programs off air.

you actually don't have to keep your HR10-250 active with D* to keep receiving and recording programs off air.

Uh, actually you do - at least if you want to actually RECORD OTA shows... :rolleyes:
While it will allow you to watch & pause live TV, it will NOT let you record it, since the DVR features require activation from D* in order to work. Deactivate it & when you try & hit record, it will tell you to call D* to activate your service.

Wrong. MPEG4 by definition is a compression method. It's just more efficient than MPEG2.
They just may not compress the channels any further.

Wrong. MPEG4 by definition is a compression method. It's just more efficient than MPEG2.
They just may not compress the channels any further.

That's what I meant. I know that MPEG4 is a type of compression. Directv doesn't downres it more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts