MPEG2 HD to move to MPEG4 Thursday 7/31

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
All of my HD channels that were switched to MPEG4 (ESPNHD 206, ESN2H 209, TNTHD 245, etc.) are giving me "Searching for signal....(771)". These are coming off D11 99c, correct? All of my 99c readings are 0. My MPEG2 channels (72, 73, etc) are fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

1. Remove power from the receiver.

2. Swap the lines going to each tuner. (Take tuner #1's incoming line and move it to #2 & vice versa)

3. Plug receiver back in.

4. Perform reset.

That should work unless you have any dish alignment / signal issues or equipment failure. Please post result; if this doesn't work you may have an issue that might require DirecTV help.

OK. My true test to see if there is really a difference between the MPEG2 and the same MPEG4 channels. ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. MPEG2 had a significant amount of noise than the MPEG4. MPEG2 you can see a little wavy grass where the MPEG4 was nearly non existent. I noticed too the color is different between the two. I noticed that more watching Hogan's Heros this morning. That too probably had to be due to less noise on MPEG4.

So. There you go. My review . Is it a big, big difference?? Probably not to the ones that don't look for imperfections. That is not why we buy hdtv. We want the perfect picture and with MPEG4 it is getting very close.

charper1, I replied to your suggestion in the tech forum (no go). Thanks for the help.

I have a question. I hope I can Find the answer here, when I go to the following channels on the on screen menu,
306 HD Net – 390 DNS CBSE HD – 392 DNS NBCE HD – 396 DNS ABCE HD –
398 DNS FOXE HD – 537 SHOWTIME HD – 552 HD NET MOVIES HD. It shows that these channels are on satellite D11..
I was wondering if channels 206 ESPN, 209 ESPN2, 245 TNTHD, 281 HD THEATER, 501 HBO HD, 537 SHOWTIME HD, AND UNIVERSAL HD. Are now all MPEG 4 and they also are on D11, or are they still on D10??

I have a question. I hope I can Find the answer here, when I go to the following channels on the on screen menu,
306 HD Net – 390 DNS CBSE HD – 392 DNS NBCE HD – 396 DNS ABCE HD –
398 DNS FOXE HD – 537 SHOWTIME HD – 552 HD NET MOVIES HD. It shows that these channels are on satellite D11..
I was wondering if channels 206 ESPN, 209 ESPN2, 245 TNTHD, 281 HD THEATER, 501 HBO HD, 537 SHOWTIME HD, AND UNIVERSAL HD. Are now all MPEG 4 and they also are on D11, or are they still on D10??
I have a question for you, where does it show that the channels you listed are on D11???

Anyway, all the HD channels that are on channel 200 or higher are now in MPEG2, the HD channels on 70-99 are the old MPEG2 versions of the channels. It has been reported that the channels you listed are on D11.

I have a question for you, where does it show that the channels you listed are on D11???

Anyway, all the HD channels that are on channel 200 or higher are now in MPEG2, the HD channels on 70-99 are the old MPEG2 versions of the channels. It has been reported that the channels you listed are on D11.

I believe you mean MPEG4.

When the MPEG4 channels did appear last week, you could go to the guide and scroll all the way to the left and a few of the channels would show that they were from D11 at the top of the guide.

Tiger fan!!! But what happened to 206 ESPN, 209 ESPN2, 245 TNTHD, 281 HD THEATER, 501 HBO HD, 537 SHOWTIME HD, AND 259 UNIVERSAL HD?? I believe they are now Mpeg4 but they are not on D11 right????

The MPEG 2 are still in the 70's on the old 110/119 satellite.

The new MPEG4 feeds are running of the D11 satellite at 99.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)