MPeg4 and R10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
With the deals going on for the 10-250 I want to make sure I am set for the future with my R10.

The question is: Will my R10 still be completely functional for LIL and all satellite channel's.

The R10 is in the bedroom and SD is fine. I have the 10-250 in the livingroom and will upgrade to the new sat and hr20 when available and the bugs are worked out.

The SD channels will continue to be broadcast as MPEG2 so no SD equipment will be impacted.

So really the only advantage I can see is that I could integrate my Toledo OTA stations into the guide and record OTA.

I agree with Proc that those discounted 10-250s won't be free to switch over.
As long as the R10 does not become obsolete or incompatible with the 5lnb, I'm happy.

Thanks

Follow up question.

When the HR20 comes out and they are traded out for the 10-250's.
Do we keep the purchased boxes.
If so, can I put the 10-250 in the place of the R-10 and not have to pay for three boxes per month?

No idea how the upgrade is going to be handled, no info has been released yet. You can exchange the HR10-250 for your R-10 now so you still only have one active box though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)