MQ2 v2.0 QAM Module

MisterF

Original poster
May 28, 2023
Earth
Is this the right module for local channels on the VIP722k? I've read that you can't view the local channels on TV2, others say it's only in SD. Also that the channels won't come up on the guide, unless we have local channels on our lineup.
What's the difference between this and the MT2?
What gives, does anyone know?!

Is this the right module for local channels on the VIP722k?
Darn good question. I have never heard of an MQ2. I think the MT2 module is the one you want.
I've read that you can't view the local channels on TV2, others say it's only in SD.
With the 722 which has only 1 OTA tuner, you cannot view OTA channels live on TV2. But with a 722K which has a 2-tuner OTA module, you can. I've only owned a 722 so I'm going by what others have stated. The TV2 output is only SD, so whatever you watch, that's all you get. The OTA tuner can of course record in HD and be viewed as such on TV1.
Also that the channels won't come up on the guide, unless we have local channels on our lineup.
I get OTA channels in my guide even though I don't sub to satellite-delivered locals.

Is this the right module for local channels on the VIP722k? I've read that you can't view the local channels on TV2, others say it's only in SD. Also that the channels won't come up on the guide, unless we have local channels on our lineup.
What's the difference between this and the MT2?
What gives, does anyone know?!
As mentioned by TheKrell, you want a MT2, not a MQ2. The MQ2 is a QAM device for commercial uses where a head unit capable of receiving normal satellite feeds converts said feeds into QAM signals.

I have never played around with or seen such a setup, but I believe it’s the kind of thing you would do at a Hotel or multi dwelling or whatever other setup that needs so many units that just using switches is unreasonable/undesirable.

Last edited: