MRV issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys I'm having some issues and I hope you can help. I have a HR24 in the family room and a H24 in the bedroom. It seems that the H24 is having problems with the MRV. It will give me a message stating "Family room has been disconnected from the network, your play list will not be available". Now I have checked the router/internet module and everything is good. I have done a reset on the reciever and no luck,. Anyone know what could be causing this??:(

Have been looking at other threads regarding this matter and it dosen't look good. it seems most suggest static IP's and port forwarding as a option. I have had it *D for about 2 weeks and this is only the second time it has disconnected from the network.Im going to re-check all the wiring and fittings first....Does the internet connection have anything to do with the MRV? The internet is strictly needed for on demand, is this correct?

Last edited:
Do you have any kind of network monitoring software (ex. Network Magic) or a way to check what your network is seeing via a PC? Could be helpful in seeing if the issue is the DVR or the receiver. Also, as my installer found out, if you have a band stop or low pass filter installed anywhere like I did from my DishNetwork set up, it will hose the communication, but you will be able to receive the satellite signal just fine. I would check both of those first if you haven't already.

Do you have any kind of network monitoring software (ex. Network Magic) or a way to check what your network is seeing via a PC? Could be helpful in seeing if the issue is the DVR or the receiver. Also, as my installer found out, if you have a band stop or low pass filter installed anywhere like I did from my DishNetwork set up, it will hose the communication, but you will be able to receive the satellite signal just fine. I would check both of those first if you haven't already.
No kind of filters on my setup. I rebooted my HR24 and now the H24 is responding correctly. Im going to see how long this lasts.

Go into the network settings and reset the network. Happened to me once and haven't had a problem since.

S~

If this seems to happen a lot, get in the network settings and give the receivers a static IP address. They use DHCP (automatic addressing) by default.

If this seems to happen a lot, get in the network settings and give the receivers a static IP address. They use DHCP (automatic addressing) by default.
can you give me a quick tutorial on assigning a static IP? Thanks

All you have to do is change the IP address to something below 192.168.1.100.. All of the other sets of numbers (Subnet Mask, DNS, Gateway) stay the same. Each receiver must have a different IP, and they must all start with 192.168.1.xxx (192.168.0.xxx if it is a D-Link or Netgear router). Hit "Connect Now" when you're done. So you would set the first one to 192.168.1.50, the next to 192.168.1.51, and so on, and you should be golden.

When you first go into network setup -> Advanced Settings, just write down all the other numbers besides the IP before you do anything, just in case something gets cleared or changed accidentally.

Last edited:
All you have to do is change the IP address to something below 192.168.1.100.. All of the other sets of numbers (Subnet Mask, DNS, Gateway) stay the same. Each receiver must have a different IP, and they must all start with 192.168.1.xxx (192.168.0.xxx if it is a D-Link or Netgear router). Hit "Connect Now" when you're done. So you would set the first one to 192.168.1.50, the next to 192.168.1.51, and so on, and you should be golden.

When you first go into network setup -> Advanced Settings, just write down all the other numbers besides the IP before you do anything, just in case something gets cleared or changed accidentally.

Thanks, good info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)