MRV Problem - Frequent Disconnects

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am having a problem with MRV between my HR 24 and an HR 22. They are running through my home network with the HR 22 connected wirelessly using the wireless gaming adapter they sent me and the HR 24 being a wired connection. When they work everything streams flawlessly when connected but after watching a half hour show it disconnects and it does the same halfway through an hour long show. If I wait a bit it will reconnect and if I go up to the HR 22 it tells me that everything is still connected and sees the HR 24.

Any ideas what can be causing the disconnects?

Honestly to many times, when I see a HR21/22 it has problems with MRV. Throw in the wireless non-supported connection and I see nothing but problems.

DECA would be the best solution.

1. the frequents disconnects are likely due to a setup issue.
2. "Non-supported" / non-DECA MRV that is setup correctly works perfectly.
3. Not a fan of any wireless solution; get wired; its inexpensive and easy to DIY
4. DECA is "supported" and is supposed to be "idiot-proof" but I see tons of issues reported on this also; the key is it relies on contractors to come out to resolve because its "DirecTV's issue)
4. Bottom lime; both work well when setup CORRECTLY

DECAs work pretty good and are cheap ($20 range). The key is to have the right switch and right splitters. Having a splitter that is not rated for the full spectrum (2-2300mhz if I recall) will cause problems.

I would guess your wireless thrown in there might be a big part of the problem.

Thanks for the replies. Wired connection isn't possible because the other receiver is in the bedroom with no way to pull it down. I have two DECAS that D* provided but need one more DECA w/ power adapter to hook into the router and to the switch. Haven't had the time and was hoping there was an easy fix with the wireless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)