MRV Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dan9980

Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Alabama
I just switched from Dish to Direct. So far Direct has had a lot of problems.

Here's where I need help:

I have an HD DVR in the living room and a regular HD receiver in the bed room. The MRV hasn't worked yet. The original installer left without it working. Tech support walked me through their process of attempting to get it to work, it didn't. They sent a different tech to the house yesterday. He spent 2.5 hours and couldn't get it working. He was on the phone with tech support and his supervisor throughout his time here. He finally left and and told me it simply wouldn't work. Anyone else had this trouble? Anyone have any suggestions?

I've downloaded the most recent software. Technician said everything is set up properly and it should work. The status screen says that the MRV is authorized, but that : "No networked DVRs found"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've given up on Direct solving the problem.

"Direct has had a lot of problems."

So what other issues are you talking about other than they can't get your MRV working? Does all you programming come in OK? Are you able to record shows? Does your access to VoD work?

ON the MRV:

1. What is your setup like?
2. What models are the units?
3. How are you connecting.
4. ETC

I am not having any issues with my gear or MRV. I have HR20, HR22, H21, and a H23

All connected via my own self-installed gigabit home network; I do not use the DECA setup. All but one unit is CAT6 hard wired; the lone unit uses a D-link homewire kit flawlessly.

The original tech left a golf ball sized hole in the wall where he ran the coax into the living room. He wasn't able to get the signal strength that he needed and Direct wouldn't authorize the install or give him a waiver...so he left my house around 7:30 pm and returned about 10:45. I asked where he had gone and he told me that he left to authorize my receivers somewhere else and then brought them back. The tech that came back yesterday adjusted my satellite to get the signal where it should be, he also fixed the hole in the wall with a faceplate.

All of my channels work. I can record to the DVR in the living room.

1. I really have no idea what the setup is. I'm not really sure what you mean. How can I find this out? I'm pretty good with tech stuff, but satellite tv setup is something I don't know much about.
2. The receiver in the living room (with the DVR) is the HR24/500, the receiver in the bed room is HR24/100.
3. I had my internet hooked up via ethernet from the router to the receiver. Tech support told me to disconnect this because the IP address from the router could keep the receiver in the bed room from detecting the DVR in the living room. So it isn't connected to my home network at all.

If you had your ethernet hooked up to the receiver it would disable the MRV. You would need to power cycle the receivers after you unhook the ethernet cables to reenable MRV.

3. I had my internet hooked up via ethernet from the router to the receiver. Tech support told me to disconnect this because the IP address from the router could keep the receiver in the bed room from detecting the DVR in the living room. So it isn't connected to my home network at all.

There's the problem right there.

I reset both receivers with no ethernet plugged in and it hasn't changed anything. What are the right steps for the power cycle?

I would unplug both boxes. Let the HDDVR load up , then load up the other box.

If this doesn't work, Rinse and repeat until they see each other.

*edit: Make sure the guy Named the locations.

You can press the red button on the front of the receiver (next to access card) or just pull the power cord on the box. If you already did a reset you pretty much have completed this process.

I unplugged both receivers and let them power back up. (DVR first, HD receiver second). I'm still getting the same thing: "No networked DVRs found"

Sorry I'm just not convinced that the HDDVR doesn't still have it's internal deca disable because of that ethernet cable.

edit: Sometimes, I wish I could just go to people's homes and fix their issues first hand.

Does it matter the OP has two HD-DVRs connected?

Are we 110% sure he has the DECA setup as it really didn't sound like the install company knew what they were doing.

I was going off of this post:

All of my channels work. I can record to the DVR in the living room.

1. I really have no idea what the setup is. I'm not really sure what you mean. How can I find this out? I'm pretty good with tech stuff, but satellite tv setup is something I don't know much about.
2. The receiver in the living room (with the DVR) is the HR24/500, the receiver in the bed room is HR24/100.

A single coax cable going into the tuner labeled for SWiM. That is pretty much it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)