MRV Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did all that already when you posted it before.

When you say net, do you mean network or internet? Mine are not connected to the internet.

Sorry when I say net I mean internet. Are you using the Broadband DECA?? :)

Sorry when I say net I mean internet. Are you using the Broadband DECA?? :)

I don't have anything hooked to my home network. The tech told me it wasn't necessary to get the MRV to work.

I don't have anything hooked to my home network. The tech told me it wasn't necessary to get the MRV to work.

Well reading from here sounds like they must be hooked up to the internet which then I would have them put in the DECA. So like it's been said in the past to get everything to work sounds like you must have things on the internet which with the DECA it does it all gets all your hardware on the internet with all the features plus MVR.

Here what Direct says on their site..

DIRECTV Will I have to make any changes to my connection if I want to add Whole-Home DVR service?

When you order Whole-Home DVR service, just let us know that you would also like to connect your DIRECTV® System to your home Internet network. The professional installer will make all the necessary changes to the way your system is connected to the Internet. Call us at 1-800-531-5000 to schedule your Whole-Home DVR service installation. For more information on DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service, visit directv.com/wholehome

DIRECTV: Whole-Home DVR service

Simply put. To get Whole Home DVR to work you do not need to have it connected to the internet. The DECA system allows each receiver to communicate with each other. However, if you want to have On Demand then a DECA module is needed to connect the system to the internet.

Well, you aren't going to believe this, but when I got home they were all working except one. This happened more than 2 full days after they installed it. One of them still isn't showing up for some reason, but the HR20 and 2 of the HR24's see each other.

Ok, I finally got another tech, one that knows what he is doing, to come to the house yesterday and fix my problems. First off the previous tech used a 4 way splitter instead of an 8 way splitter. I have 4 DVR's so I needed the 8 way splitter, which was causing picture freezing and not all DVR's were seeing all of each other's playlists. Also my HR20-100 did not have the splitter on it nor the filter needed to get enough power to power up the DECA unit and that was why it wasn't working, even though I told the previous tech and even showed him a diagram of it. So now everything is working great.

Ok, I finally got another tech, one that knows what he is doing, to come to the house yesterday and fix my problems. First off the previous tech used a 4 way splitter instead of an 8 way splitter. I have 4 DVR's so I needed the 8 way splitter, which was causing picture freezing and not all DVR's were seeing all of each other's playlists. Also my HR20-100 did not have the splitter on it nor the filter needed to get enough power to power up the DECA unit and that was why it wasn't working, even though I told the previous tech and even showed him a diagram of it. So now everything is working great.

That's good. Did he hook up the internet for you?

No, they said it wasn't part of the workorder and it would cost something like $150 to do it. :rant:

If $150, means $25, then yeah it's $150.

Broadband Deca, i.e Internet Connectivity Kit, is a $25 charge, you can't just plug an ethernet cable into the back of your hr-24 and get OnDemand.

No, they said it wasn't part of the workorder and it would cost something like $150 to do it. :rant:

If $150, means $25, then yeah it's $150.

Broadband Deca, i.e Internet Connectivity Kit, is a $25 charge, you can't just plug an ethernet cable into the back of your hr-24 and get OnDemand.

Can't you just plug a Ethernet cable into the white box with the green lights and it spreads to the other receivers?

Can't you just plug a Ethernet cable into the white box with the green lights and it spreads to the other receivers?

you need a coax cable from your swm splitter to a deca unit. Deca unit needs to be powered. and the ethernet cable from the deca needs to be plugged into your router.

deca_power_supply_ps18dero-01__98648_zoom.jpg
<deca power supply.

Sorry for the bad PQ, the wife has the camera so I had to use my BlackBerry, not a good camera.

Maybe I was wrong but I saw the blue plug and thought that is the one they used on mine.

The installer said it was needed to get MRV to work.

Attachments

• IMG00026.jpg
    IMG00026.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG00027.jpg
    IMG00027.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG00029.jpg
    IMG00029.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 115
I wish I saw this thread earlier. I might have been able to help.

To the OP I had the exact same problem as you. I finally figured it out on my own and with the help of folks here. If you had an ethernet cable plugged in before (as I did), you must go through satellite setup again, even if it shows the correct SWiM setup. My installer would always stop when it showed the correct setup. We tried resetting the receivers, rebooting over and over, nothing on the HR24 would show(the HR21, H24 and HR20 worked fine). After he left, I started from scratch, went through setup completely, rebooted when it was done, and my internal DECA started working. It could see the other receivers and playlists.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts