MSG Back on DISH??

I don't see how, it isn't compelling anyone to actually carry MSG, it is compelling MSG to provide HD if the provider does carry MSG. (not withhold from one and not the other)

What it does bode well for perhaps, is the Disney dispute.

This will not help with the Dish-MSG dispute. Even though they had carriage agreements in place with Verizon, MSG (Cablevision) was withholding their HD signal only from retransmission by select (non-cable) providers. Dish and MSG dont have even a basic retransmission agreement in place after it expired last October 1. Even the Sabres are taking a hands-off approach to the negotiations between MSG and Dish. Ted Black addressed it in a recent online chat saying basically go find another provider. WGRZ-TV also reported on Friday that there had been no progress in negotiations and did not get a response from Dish when asked status. MSG gave the stock, "we are trying to negotiate a fair price for our services and are willing to go to arbitration" answer to the same inquiry.

Don't hold your breath...it's going to be another long season without Sabres hockey (along with the Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Knicks) on Dish Network. My bet is FCC wont get involved in this one.

I looked into what it would cost me to go from Lifeline cable ($12/mo) to basic, but discovered that it would cost me an additional $43/mo. Being retire, I have to watch my expenses. So I will have to continue using an alternative method of watch the games when possible.

It is simple as this. If you want the sabers you need to get TWC, DirecTV or now Verizon. If you insist on staying with dish, move into another nearby city which has a NHL team and then sub to NHL centerpiece so you can the away feed of sabers games.

Islandguy43 said:
It is simple as this. If you want the sabers you need to get TWC, DirecTV or now Verizon. If you insist on staying with dish, move into another nearby city which has a NHL team and then sub to NHL centerpiece so you can the away feed of sabers games.

Better yet get a Roku and subscribe to the nhl package.

That is a good option, if you can deal with the Roku's slow, clunky interface. I couldn't.

I've never had a problem with the interface.Obviously you don't want the nhl bad enough for if you did you would use it anyway.
Ron
I'll try it again before I return it, but from what I recall, the FF/RW buttons didn't actually FF or RW, but skip ahead/back 15 seconds at a time in pause mode. Hard to search for a particular scene or play that way.

I don't know how the NHL is on the Roku but with MLB.TV you can jump from inning to inning either the top or bottom of the inning. You can join the game live or from the beginning of the game. You can also choose the play by play from either teams announcers. MLB.TV on the computer you can even listen to the radio feed with the video. Perhaps if you don't like the Roku you can watch it on your pc? I'm assuming that it's available to watch on ones computer.

Ron

I'll try it again before I return it, but from what I recall, the FF/RW buttons didn't actually FF or RW, but skip ahead/back 15 seconds at a time in pause mode. Hard to search for a particular scene or play that way.
As I remembered...Netflix FF/RW consists of tiny index pictures moving forward at no less than 10 seconds per picture. Hard to pinpoint a scene that way in any accurate or efficient manner.
NHL is worse: screen stays paused and you just get a progress/position bar showing how many minutes back or forward you have moved. I'll retract my "slow" comment, but it sure is clunky.

Now I have the XD model, if other models act differently, I'd love to know.

As far as PC versus TV, I'd rather have a TV feed so I can record clips or plays to my set-top DVR/DVD recorder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)