MSG gone too from DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I made the call and will have DirecTV installed on 11-29. I don't want to switch, but I've missed almost a quarter of the NHL season! I've seen one game on Versus, that's all.

I've been a happy dish network customer since 1998, but I will go to whomever can give me what I want!!

Are there any DirecTV folks out there that can answer a question for me?? What satellites do I need to have line of sight for? I think it's 99, 101, and 103, I know some SD locals are on 119, but I have no LOS for 119.

Thanks!

I am hearing that DISH will remove the MSG and MSG+ channels from their lineups completely tomorrow.

Then I guess that's the end of hope to get MSG back on DISH. Plus, if they can't even sit in a room and talk this out, then I guess there's really no hope.

They've had weeks and weeks to get this done, but instead MSG decided that it was in their best interests to sink money into newspaper ads and run contests as part of their giant pissing match against DISH.

Once again, it is corporate greed that ultimately raises havoc on the the innocent consumer. Federal Regulation is necessary to protect the consumer. FCC isn't it time you did something about these constant pissing contests?

Once again, it is corporate greed that ultimately raises havoc on the the innocent consumer. Federal Regulation is necessary to protect the consumer. FCC isn't it time you did something about these constant pissing contests?

It probably should be more in the FTC's ballpark. The FCC should not be interfering in provider disputes, as long as Dish is broadcasting on their satellites properly, the FCC should stay out of it.

The FTC may have some action if consumers need out of their contracts because of disputes like this where MSG is gone for good. Also possible monopoly problems with exclusive content that could be said to be supported by tax dollars (for teams that get subsidies and other tax goodies for locating in areas).

Congress could make changes in the law to force more competition. The FCC however is much more limited in what it regulates, and contracts between corporations not affecting the frequencies and transmissions does not really fall into their perview.

I'm in a tough spot in a very rural area where ...no cable, no dsl, and because of los issues my new EA dish install is my only option for tv service. Even OTA is limited by terrain. I have no Internet viewing options except for my cellular modem which is limited to 5gb/month.

Realizing that MSG has exclusive rights to WNY for Sabres broadcasts and are blacked out on NHL CI, I now believe my only option to get their broadcasts would be to "move" to So. Florida or some state where blackouts wouldn't be a problem. True, or are these channels off CI as well?

I am hearing that DISH will remove the MSG and MSG+ channels from their lineups completely tomorrow.

And there goes MSG. Dish might as well just cut off SNY as well - no reason to even try competing in New York State with no local sports teams available except the Mets.

In my part of NJ my only RSN is MSG; I would get CSN-Philly but obviously that isn't available, and Dish was giving MSG to this area as a substitute. I guess I'll have to call and find out if I get a permanent discount for not having any RSN provided. Or perhaps it's just time to go back to Comcast - it's just too tiring dealing with these channel issues.

No Rangers on Cablevision

I live in Torrington CT so and had Cablevision so I could see the Rangers in HD. Since Cablevision owns the Rangers this should be a no brainer BUT Cablevision has several MSG feeds, MSG MSG2 MSG+ etc. In my area they often put the game on the guide channel and the picture looks like SD minus. There is no way to see the puck much less the players names.

I emailed Cablevision and they sent a canned response. I have Dish and Bell TV (Canadian). Dish Center Ice never had the HD NY feed of the Rangers. So I checked out Bell's Centre Ice. They show most Buffalo and Ranger games in HD and TSN & CBC show several games in HD.

For a Hockey fan you can not beat Bell TV. Plus you can have East and West coast US Network channels, and some of the ZOOM channels. There is no receiver charges and if you add a harddrive to a receiver there is no charge. The equiptment is made be Dish so all your remotes are the same. The guide is rather primative but you can schedule programs online.

I think CV just announced that the overflow MSG channel will be going HD. I don't know if I'm recalling correctly or if it's in your area, but I could have sworn I read that.

I live in Torrington CT so and had Cablevision so I could see the Rangers in HD. Since Cablevision owns the Rangers this should be a no brainer BUT Cablevision has several MSG feeds, MSG MSG2 MSG+ etc. In my area they often put the game on the guide channel and the picture looks like SD minus. There is no way to see the puck much less the players names.

I emailed Cablevision and they sent a canned response. I have Dish and Bell TV (Canadian). Dish Center Ice never had the HD NY feed of the Rangers. So I checked out Bell's Centre Ice. They show most Buffalo and Ranger games in HD and TSN & CBC show several games in HD.

For a Hockey fan you can not beat Bell TV. Plus you can have East and West coast US Network channels, and some of the ZOOM channels. There is no receiver charges and if you add a harddrive to a receiver there is no charge. The equiptment is made be Dish so all your remotes are the same. The guide is rather primative but you can schedule programs online.

Actually, that is what I might be doing next season. I am already committed to NHLCI for this season with TW; however with all the canadian relatives I have, getting a address is not a problem for me.

I have to wonder why Dish is even attempting to compete now in New York State and area. Even though i realize that many potential customers are not sports nuts, when given a choice of multiple providers that probably cost more or less the same, the provider that does not have any local sports content (Dish) is going to get eliminated from consideration very quickly.

I have to wonder why Dish is even attempting to compete now in New York State and area. Even though i realize that many potential customers are not sports nuts, when given a choice of multiple providers that probably cost more or less the same, the provider that does not have any local sports content (Dish) is going to get eliminated from consideration very quickly.

Yep Dish should just call it quits here. Alienating an entire state, that’s a new low for Charlie. I’d love to see the stats on how many NYers drop Dish Network in the next year or so. And for me, personally if I still had Dish, I do not care what type of contract I’d be in or how much I’d have to pay, I would have been gone the second MSG was dropped.

Yep Dish should just call it quits here. Alienating an entire state, that’s a new low for Charlie. I’d love to see the stats on how many NYers drop Dish Network in the next year or so. And for me, personally if I still had Dish, I do not care what type of contract I’d be in or how much I’d have to pay, I would have been gone the second MSG was dropped.
not everybody cares about sports..its a good alternative for those who don't want to subsidize the "sports addicts"

not everybody cares about sports..its a good alternative for those who don't want to subsidize the "sports addicts"

But I think at the least we expect is to be able to see our hometown team play. Taking away MSG keeps even the casual fan of the Sabres, Rangers, Devils and Knicks away. We saw the backlash with the Fox RSNs and that deal got done about a month after the channels went away.

As with many things, there are sports nuts and those who don't care, but it's the people in the middle where the majority sit and those are the ones who are impacted the most.

But I think at the least we expect is to be able to see our hometown team play. Taking away MSG keeps even the casual fan of the Sabres, Rangers, Devils and Knicks away. We saw the backlash with the Fox RSNs and that deal got done about a month after the channels went away.

As with many things, there are sports nuts and those who don't care, but it's the people in the middle where the majority sit and those are the ones who are impacted the most.

That happened 20 years ago when sports was removed from "broadcast tv"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)