Msg-hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmj713

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Sorry, did a search but not much came up.

I'm wondering when we might see MSG-HD on DirecTV?

Don't hold your breath.

MSG is owned by Cablevision in NY, and they are one of the biggest cable providers in the country. Very unlikely you'll ever see it, because when you watch MSG, they say, "Only on Cable, MSG-HD" so they are proud of it.

Hmm that's too bad. But hopefully not never. And what about other regional sports channels in HD, like FSN, Altitude, etc.?

FSN-NY HD is also owned by CV and is only trasmitted via cable like MSG-HD. Until CV transmits the channels via satellite, CV doesn't have to offer the channels to sat providers.

FWIW, only CV systems in the NY area get those HD channels. They're not on any other cable system that I'm aware of.

chrisb said:
FSN-NY HD is also owned by CV and is only trasmitted via cable like MSG-HD. Until CV transmits the channels via satellite, CV doesn't have to offer the channels to sat providers.

FWIW, only CV systems in the NY area get those HD channels. They're not on any other cable system that I'm aware of.

Time Warner in NYC has MSG-HD and I think FSNY-HD as well. But they are not full time like they are on the CV system, they go live only when there is a game. I think INHD or INHD2 is interrupted for the game.

Basically, I see there are lots of HD hockey games being broadcast on regional networks - http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nhl.php - (MSG, FSN, Altitude, NESN, Sun), but I receive none of them, even though I subscribe to the Center Ice package. I don't really understand why.

Well, if you subscribe to CI and receive NONE of them, then something is wrong. I have seen HD hockey on D* occasionally (in the 90s). If the feed that CI is using on D* is broadcasting in HD and you are eligible to get it (e.g. it's your local station or it's OOM entirely) then D* MIGHT put it on. Of course if you are in NY and it's an MSG-HD or FSN-HD feed then forget it.

But I HAVE seen a few games this year broadcast in HD (apart from HDNet), maybe about 5 or 6. So in any case they are rare birds. It's possible they were on your system but you blinked and missed them. :)

=NLK=

INHD and INHD2 aren't part of DirecTV either huh? No OLN-HD for me then...

On OLN itself? Because NHL playoffs are coming up, and if I'm correct they'll be on OLN and NBC.

Sports Channels In Hd

Hey can anyone tell me what channels MSG/YES/SNY/OLN/FSNY are in HD on directv because none of these are in HD on their regular channels..Thanks for your help!!

or can you tell me which games are broadcasted in HD on different channels other than the basic networks. Yankees, Mets, Nets, Knicks, Rangers, Devils, etc. Thanks

pags2122 said:
Hey can anyone tell me what channels MSG/YES/SNY/OLN/FSNY are in HD on directv because none of these are in HD on their regular channels..Thanks for your help!!

Only YES-HD is on for Yankees games, usually channel 95. SNY-HD when D* carries the feed should be on that channel or 96. OLN-HD is somewhere in the 95-97 channel range as well, when there is a game on OLN-HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)