Msghd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The answer cannot be no. Under law, the fact that MSG HD is made available to other cable companies means that it cannot be withheld from Directv. Remember under the merger of Adelphia with Comcast and Time Warner, Comcast Philadelphia was given special status. All other regional sports channels cannot be witheld from one provider. It is very much like most favored status under world trade.

The answer cannot be no. Under law, the fact that MSG HD is made available to other cable companies means that it cannot be withheld from Directv. Remember under the merger of Adelphia with Comcast and Time Warner, Comcast Philadelphia was given special status. All other regional sports channels cannot be witheld from one provider. It is very much like most favored status under world trade.

It can be no if the channel is not delivered to those other cable companies via satellite. Comcast Philly isn't granted special status, it is delivered via a fiber or microwave system, so it can be withheld.

I cannot imagine Buffalo's MSG HD is terrestrial, but I cannot say for sure. Also, during the consent agreement, I thought the loop hole was closed. Lastly, no way Directv would continue to use the MSG HD logo without a contract or obligation by MSG to provide it.

BTW....In the consent agreement, Comcast Philly was given special status. It is no longer dependent on regs as long as it is terrestrial. You can thank a famous PA senator for putting pressure on the FCC to include this nugget:(

Hell will freeze first before CVC gives up MSGHD to Directv. Do you remember another channel that used to be called INHD (now MOJO)... Well it never made it to satellite for the same reason. The cable companies are not that stupid and will not give it up so easily. I'll be stunned if they do.

I spoke to a few csr's today and the all told me the same thing about MSG HD. They told me that it will only be available for knicks games only. I asked about rangers games and they said no. I hope they dont know what they are talking about. They usually dont, but after asking the sme question and getting the same answer, it doesnt look good for us rangers fans. I guess we should find out when the NBA starts.

Hell will freeze first before CVC gives up MSGHD to Directv. Do you remember another channel that used to be called INHD (now MOJO)... Well it never made it to satellite for the same reason. The cable companies are not that stupid and will not give it up so easily. I'll be stunned if they do.

INHD (MOJO, whatever) is not broadcast over fiber, it's broadcast via sat (notice, the INHD/MOJO site no longer says 'only on cable'). So it is available to E* & D* should they choose to pay for the channel. The reason neither carry it is because the cable co.'s want to charge them more for carriage than what cable providers pay.

I believe there's a pending lawsuit in Federal court over this.

As for MSGHD, the logo is prominently displayed on the D* homepage, so there must be at least an agreement in principle to carry the channel.

Why else display the logo?

Last edited:
I spoke to a few csr's today and the all told me the same thing about MSG HD. They told me that it will only be available for knicks games only. I asked about rangers games and they said no. I hope they dont know what they are talking about. They usually dont, but after asking the sme question and getting the same answer, it doesnt look good for us rangers fans. I guess we should find out when the NBA starts.

They're just reading off of the RSN page for the D* website which used to list Knicks games as availble in HD.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens once MSGHD and FSNYHD launch.

Honestly overall I care very little about getting MSG HD. My incredibly selfish reason for caring about it at all is that when the Bulls play the Knicks, since the Comcast Chicago feed will be blacked out, I want to make sure that I'll still be able to watch my great Bulls beat down the Knicks in beautiful HD.
:eureka

Honestly overall I care very little about getting MSG HD. My incredibly selfish reason for caring about it at all is that when the Bulls play the Knicks, since the Comcast Chicago feed will be blacked out, I want to make sure that I'll still be able to watch my great Bulls beat down the Knicks in beautiful HD.
:eureka

wow, there was a bulls preseason game in hd on the other night that wasn't blacked out.

wow, there was a bulls preseason game in hd on the other night that wasn't blacked out.
And they played the knicks? Maybe if it wasn't on MSG as well that would explain why it wasn't blacked out. After all, it was just preseason.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)