MSNBC had the 20th Highest Number of Prime Time Viewers out of Any Cable Network- Why Isn't It in AT

I agree with original post. I've complained about this in the past. Why aren't the major news channels in the lower tiers? As a matter of public service, if nothing else. All I hear is, "It's not in the negotiated contract with Dish." Would the owners of MSNBC (Comcast now) mind? Puhlease. I'd love to give up AT200 cost.

that has nothing to do with it. The welcome pack is to keep customers so giving them a news channel probably keeps them happy
Also channels in welcome pack and family pack they have some from AT200 and even AT250. As example in the Welcome Pack channels from AT200 are MSNBC, AMC, and Hallmark. AT250 channels are Bloomberg, The Hub & Boomerang

Best description of the Welcome Pack I've seen yet. I keep trying to figure out how they decide what to put in there, and I think, "The fewest/cheapest set of channels we can use to keep Dish subs from grabbing the DirecTV 2-yr commitment deal," is the best rationale I've seen.

Between AMC (Mad Men, The Killing, Breaking Bad) and TBS (Conan) -- and the spotty OTA reception my DB2 gets -- I think it's a selection that's likely going to work on me when the NFL is over this year. It really does have one of everything minus sports.

I would love to have YES,SNY or MSG in my package (ALL OF WHICH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE POPULAR THAN pMSNBC) but I have to suck it up..like you do..or just change providors

Up until 3 years ago, CNN was the only newser in the lowest tier. It was only at that time that Fox News was added, I'm guessing because Fox played hardball with E* with its other cable offerings and company-owned locals. If everyone's favorite were added to AT120, there wouldn't be any other tiers and we'd all be AT250 subs.

I agree with original post. I've complained about this in the past. Why aren't the major news channels in the lower tiers? As a matter of public service, if nothing else. All I hear is, "It's not in the negotiated contract with Dish." Would the owners of MSNBC (Comcast now) mind? Puhlease. I'd love to give up AT200 cost.

Public service has nothing to do with it. It's a business first and foremost. Obviously MSNBC negotiated to be in the packages they are in at a given cost. Based on how many people actually watch MSNBC, why would Dish pay them more? Fox was able to negotiate being in most all the packages because they can command more money.
Why isn't the Euro News Channel included in the packages, it should be as a public service.......

And this is why I am staying with the Welcome Pack! I have considered upgrading to 120 but I want MSNBC.

Of course it does the OP no good now, but wasn't it a mere year or so back that DISH would allow subscribing to combinations of packages? Seems the OP could sub to the welcome pack + AT120. Am I delirious, or did I really see that once upon a time? While the "professionals" claim that a-la-carte would be cost-prohibitive, why not allow this:

Sub to DISH Family or Welcome Pack - you may sub to any 1 channel in AT120 for $5/month
Sub to AT120 - you may sub to any 2 channels in AT200 for $5/month OR any 1 channel in AT250 for $7/month
Sub to AT200 - you may sub to any 2 channels in AT250 for $7/month

Seems the OP could sub to the welcome pack + AT120. Am I delirious, or did I really see that once upon a time?
the only mixing of packages was adding the "Latino Bonus" package to a AT package for $15 more instead of going with Latino package and losing some English channels

Fox news used to "pay" to be carried when they first came out..MSNBC did not..end of story

Perhaps, but what does that have to do with now, it's almost reversed. Maybe CNN first payed to be carried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)