Mtv3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

razorphreak900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
tampa bay area
Sup guys? today i have noticed a new channel or (test, not sure) called mtv3 (new), and its a English channel with a Latino flavor, but the usual mtv stuff, thought from what i see it seems to have more action than mtv/mtv2,so it doesn't seem boring lol,if your Spanish you would prob get a kick out of the channel ( i am :)).. i have no idea if its hd or digital channel but it sure (to me) looks mad clear. not a big deal channel but for those out there that needed to know its on channel 905 (im in saint pete,tampabay area)....well im out, peace :)

MTV Tr3?s (tres, Spanish for the number three) is an American cable, satellite and over-the-air network that prides itself as a bi-cultural entertainment destination. It is rooted in the fusion of Latin and American music, cultures, and languages, bringing the biggest names in pop, urban, and rock music. MTV Tr3?s includes lifestyle series, customized MTV music franchises, and news documentaries that celebrate Latino culture, music and artists. The channel is targeted toward Latinos as well as all other Americans aged 13-25.

When the channel originally launched as MTV en Español in 1999, its programming was like that of MTV2 in its early days, with 8-hour blocks of videos which repeated 3 times a day.

During those times, most of the videos shown were those of popular Spanish-speaking artists in the United States, including salsa, reggaeton, and hip-hop. The channel also aired some videos by Latin rock and pop artists.

Late in 2005, however, the channel's programming underwent serious changes. First, it started to broadcast music videos in English, most notably pop and hip-hop videos. During that time, the channel also began to show its own Top 20 Countdown on Saturdays and Sundays. Later on, MTV en Español would drop the 8-hour blocks of videos for a random rotation of videos for the whole day.

Later on, the channel decided to reserve a 3-hour block for the less-rotated Rock en Español videos from the past and present on MTV Latin America. The channel also broadcasted shows such as Making the Video and other shows originally broadcasted by MTV Latin America.

Acquisition of Más Música
Más Música, founded in 1998, was an American cable, satellite, and over-the-air network that aired music videos from various Latin American music styles, including salsa/cumbia, regional Mexican, and contemporary Spanish-language hits. The channel was seen as a competitor to MTV en Español.

Founded by Eduardo Caballero of Caballero Television, Mas Musica was not related to the similarly-named MuchMusic music video channel in Canada. Mas Musica carried the minimum required educational and informative and public affairs programming on weekends, and it was carried mainly on low-powered television stations throughout the United States.

In December 2005, Viacom acquired Mas Musica and ten television stations affiliated with it. The sale was completed in January 2006.

'MTV Tr3?s unofficially launched on September 4, 2006, when it became available on all cable and satellite systems that previously carried MTV en Español. On September 25, 2006, MTV en Español and Mas Musica officially merged together. The first show on the newly formed channel was the premiere of Mi TRL at 4:30 p.m. ET. currently there is only one feed for MTV Tres in the United States. http://www.mtv.com/mtvsites/mtvtr3s/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts