Much improved SD picture with H20-700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tarmack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
I just installed my new H20-700 this morning and really didn't get around to watching any SD TV until this evening....when I always turn to Fox news....quite surprised to see that there is....at least in my setup...a tremendous improvement of SD quality picture.....where I saw previous....either a "halo" around heads or text......when in SD.....to clarity that often fools me into thinking that I could be on a HD channel.

I am a Marlins fan and watched them in HD last night.....not so lucky to night...but now...just watching the pregame show on FoxFL....a SD channel....634....I also find the picture greatly improved in quality from what I remember previous.

So...a happy camper.

Tarmack

I definetly have noticed the same thing on a significant numbe of my SD recordings. Most notable with Stargate... It is almost night and day compared to the DSR704.

This may be one good reason to upgrade (after a lil while; I want some bug reports first as I'm fairly happy with the 10-250). I still watch a good bit of SD programming (mainly Sci-Fi and Cartoon Network), so any extra clarity is a good thing.

(Though were you guys switching to 480p for viewing in SD on the 10-250? For me, outputting at 720p or 1080i made the SD signal look TERRIBLE on my TV, but it looks MUCH better with the 10-250 at 480p).

I'm also curious about this, if it is improving PQ then I might consider trading in my HR10, otherwise I'll just wait till my locals are out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)