Multi Receivers on BEV/DISH

editor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
I currently have 4 RG6 coming into my house from both 91 and 82 on the dish. The RG6 go to an SW44 where i have 4 recievers working off of the SW44. I want to add a HD receiver (BEV 6100). Is it possible to add another switch somehow so i cna run the 5 recievers without putting up an additional dish.

thanx

welcome :wave

You can do it two ways

-get some high frequency splitters (need to have freq up to 2000Mhz or more) you'll need 4. Put one on each of the outputs of the LNB's and add a 2nd switch..you need to run new lines from the dish to the 2nd switch

Switch to DishPro...You can cascade switches and only need one line from each LNB to the switch instead of 2

Someone told me I could take one of the outputs out of the SW44 and put it into another HF A/V switch i have form my previous 91 only hook up with BEV.

Any thoughts on this.

wont work because it will only get one polarity

On the 5th reciever, do you want only 91? If so...get a simple multiswitch (a DirecTv 3x4 works good)

Hook that to the 2 outputs of the 91 LNB
hook your 2 lines that are there right now (that go to the switch) into 2 of the outputs of the new switch
run a new cable from the switch to 5th receiver

so it would be setup as such

91 LNB out 1----3x4 multiswitch-------SW44 switch--------------receiver 1
91 LNB out 2----3x4 multiswitch-------SW44 switch--------------receiver 2
--------------------3x4 multiswitch----------------------------------------receiver 5
82 LNB out 1-------------------------------SW44 switch--------------receiver 3
82 LNB out 2-------------------------------SW44 switch--------------receiver 4

all get both satellites except for receiver 5 that only gets 91

SO 2 RG6 from (dish)91 go into 1 --- 3x4 switch. Out of the 3x4 switch... 2 RG6 go to Input 1a and 1B on the SW44......another output from the 3x4 goes to the extra receiver.

Then keep 2 lines from 82 directly into the SW44 2A and 2B.

If this 3x4 is a 3 IN and 4 OUt it must mean that we could add a sixth receiver down the road is ever needed correct?

What type of switch (#) am i looking for.. for the 3x4. ex. is it an SWxx

correct..the 6th reciever again would only get 91

the 3 part means you could put a TV antenna in it too...but I usually don't :)

Its not a SW...those are Dish Network (special) switches.

Here is an Ebay search for "3x4 multiswitch"
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...=1&from=R8&satitle=3x4+multiswitch&category0=

sadly some of these are DP34's and others...make sure it says "will work for DirecTv"...those will work for ExpressVu (in the setup we are talking about here)

Last edited:
Thanx for the info. There seem to be quite a few of them there. Do i need one that says powered and do i need duplexers? Theres one by mircro royal

# 3x4 Multiswitch-DTV DISH BEV FTA Multi Switch Dishnet

but not powered, its 24.95 cdn.

nope. They dont need to be powered (the receiver does the powering)

no diplexers needed...thats if you are going to use an antenna too

Are there any specific brands that you know are relaible. I seem to see these 3x4 microroyals show up quite a bit.

Once again thanx for all your help. I'm trying toget this done myself instead of paying BEV to come out.

thanx

Yes i am here in canada. That's great. I'll order from them. and $20 is quite reasonable.

Thanx again for all your help. Much appreciated.

Just called KUsat over the phone. They are saying i have to use an SW44A (for $129). That the 3x4 switches you linked me too ($19.99) they don't think they will work.

Now i'm confused!!!

thoughts

ugh...yes it will

The way I described it will work. What they are sellling is splitters, and a 2nd SW44 which was option 1 in my original post

The multiswitch will work :)

Ok. I'm gonna order the 3x4 you links me too. Its $20 so that's reasonable to me.

I'll let you know if a have any problems.

thanx

again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts