multi regional sports package

tkorcal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I wondered if anybody that has this sports package could share there feelings about it. Do you feel its worth it and do you get all the channels that it states on the website? It looks like a pretty good bang for your buck. Unfortunatelty I thought I was getting these with the 180 package but I guess they are "available" to me to order as the website quotes.

all pro sports and other sports that have pay per view and geographic restrictions are blacked out. So what you're buying on those channels is the ability to see the same filler content repeated on a bunch of RSNs and the left over sports that's not restricted

BFG is correct for the most part, EXCEPT - in some areas, you may get some professional sports if you live in an overlapping RSN area, like where I live.
In my area, everyone gets Comcast Chicago as their "primary" RSN in their ATxx pkg; but if you get multisport, we also get all professional sports from Fox Midwest as well, since it overlaps with us. Every local cable system in my area gives you BOTH RSN's on expanded basic, so actually for us, it IS a rip-off, since you how have to pay $6 extra for what you used to get as part of your basic pkg.

But, since we don't know where you live, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea if this would apply to you or not... :confused:

I use to get the sports package back when they showed the IHL Hockey games on some of the RSN. :) Dropped it when the IHL when under. :(
I get my college hockey fix from CSTV on Friday nights.

Later,

BigJohn2

It's useless now for pro sports. 3-4 years ago they didn't black out the overnight replays, it was sports bliss.

AEP doesnt include that

All AEP is is Top180 and all the movie packages. Everything else is add on

so its the "Almost Everything pack" :D

I would love it if Dish were to carry the HD feeds of all the RSNs... Would really make it worth subbing to the sports package...

It all depends on what you hope to get out of it. I want to see the NESN pregame show, and then I get the actual Red Sox game on Extra Innings (which may not be the NESN feed, if they are on the road). If the game goes over three hours (and a lot do these days), I can go back to NESN for the balance of the game. The blackout period is precalculated and not tied to the actual game. Another thing I want, and don't get on Fox Sports Arizona (my RSN) is the college coach shows from the SEC in the fall. There are also quite a few college football games that don't get blacked out, but not from the power conferences. If you are a fan of far away teams, the sports package is better than nothing, but certainly far from ideal. - Go Sox and Roll Tide

EENAU said:
It all depends on what you hope to get out of it. I want to see the NESN pregame show, and then I get the actual Red Sox game on Extra Innings (which may not be the NESN feed, if they are on the road). If the game goes over three hours (and a lot do these days), I can go back to NESN for the balance of the game. The blackout period is precalculated and not tied to the actual game. Another thing I want, and don't get on Fox Sports Arizona (my RSN) is the college coach shows from the SEC in the fall. There are also quite a few college football games that don't get blacked out, but not from the power conferences. If you are a fan of far away teams, the sports package is better than nothing, but certainly far from ideal. - Go Sox and Roll Tide

Not when you local teams are the Nats. You can't watch any games because Dish doesn't carry the RSN. Even todays game against the Braves on TBS was blacked out.

I get the package mainly becase I want keep AT 180 and have NBA TV. If NBA TV wasn't on there, I would have gotten rid of it since almost all of the professional sports games are blacked out. The only games I get are the ones i would have gotten anyway with my regional sports providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)