Multi-Satellite question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike1984

Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Alright, so I have Bell ExpressVu at home (I believe the company is irrelevant) and I just recently had a technician install a second LNB to receive signal from a second satellite. I have 2 recievers. Here's the problem I am getting. Let's name the 2 satellites 82 and 91. So, let's say I am watching channel 390 which is on satellite 82. The other receiver is also watching the same channel. If I switch channel to a channel that is either on the 91 satellite or an odd number channel that is on the 82 satellite (let's say 389), then I will lose signal on the other receiver. If I switch to channel 388 (which is also an 82 channel), then the signal on the other receiver will come back. It's almost as if I have to watch even channels on one receiver to get signal on the other receiver. Does anyone know what could be going on? Signal strength is not the problem and I know that the channels work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Guys :)

P.S. If this is confusing, let me know.

how are the LNB's hooked up?

Sounds like the tech didn't know what he was doing. ALso what receivers are we working with?

I'm not sure how the LNBs are hooked up but I have one 4100 (standard rec.) and one 6100 (HD rec). It must be a hookup problem somewhere, but do you have a clue where or what? Thanks alot by the way for the response :)

Do they have it going
lnb1 and lnb2 --> switch --> reciever 1 --> receiver 2?

If so, you may want to change it to

lnb1 and lnb2 --> switch

switch--> receiver 1
switch--->receiver 2

It sounds like it may be a polarity thing going on where receiver 1 is on L and receiver 2 wants to be on R, but can't be since the coax is coming from receiver 1, which is on L...

If you have it set up another way, this may not be the issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)