Multi sport package.

The multi-sport pack is great if you like non-major sports (Arena football, indoor lacrosse, indoor soccer, etc.), aren't picky about lower tier college sports, and can't get enough poker on TV.

I order the pack every January to get indoor lax from other markets and then cancel it when the season is over at the end of April. Also, if you figure it out right, on some of the FSNs that carry the NHL, you can catch the end of some games that go longer than their alloted time frame. You can also see just about any NHL game that re-airs the next day -- those aren't usually blacked out.

It's the only way to go for College Hockey. That's the reason I have the sports pack. Also, you get many regional broadcasts of College Football games that you wouldn't see on your local RSN. I think there were 3 or 4 this past weekend on different FSN regionals as well as a couple channels that show ESPN+ games.

I have seen some good college hockey but I am just waiting for things to get started before I add the multisport package.

The one thing that bugs me about the Sports pack with Dish is that they black out all preseason games? Why is that? I heard Directv doesn't do this, but then again you have to pay $12 insead of $5.99.

I had this for about a month. I tried to watch a hockey game between 2 teams 300+ miles from where I live and it was blacked out. I cancelled immediately, figured it was worthless for hockey.

From what I understand, the NHL chooses what games can be shown in what markets, and the satellite/cable providers are supposed to comply. Now maybe there's a mixup here and there, but it's not really Dish's choice, they're just doing what they're told they're supposed to do.

I had this for about a month. I tried to watch a hockey game between 2 teams 300+ miles from where I live and it was blacked out. I cancelled immediately, figured it was worthless for hockey.

From what I understand, the NHL chooses what games can be shown in what markets, and the satellite/cable providers are supposed to comply. Now maybe there's a mixup here and there, but it's not really Dish's choice, they're just doing what they're told they're supposed to do.

Well if you were trying to watch 2 teams play that were over 300 miles away, you bought the wrong package. That is was NHL Center Ice is for. If you could watch the games on a package that cost $5.99 a month, why would somebody pay $149 for the NHL CI package? :p

But on the other hand I don't understand about the preseason games. I mean you can't buy a preseason CI or anything, so I don't why they black the games out. There is nothing else you could buy to see these games! :mad:

Well if you were trying to watch 2 teams play that were over 300 miles away, you bought the wrong package. That is was NHL Center Ice is for. If you could watch the games on a package that cost $5.99 a month, why would somebody pay $149 for the NHL CI package? :p

But on the other hand I don't understand about the preseason games. I mean you can't buy a preseason CI or anything, so I don't why they black the games out. There is nothing else you could buy to see these games! :mad:

This was a long time ago, like maybe 11-12 years ago, I don't even know if they had Center Ice then, or if they did, if Dish offered it. I just found it ludicrous that my hometeam wasn't even playing that night, yet I was forbidden to watch two teams play a 5 hours drive from my house!

Now I know it all comes down to commercials in the local market and such, but still seemed a little rediculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)