Multi-Switch from Phase II Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acefr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Does any one know the multi-switch that comes with Phase II dish is the same as the 3x4 aftermarket multi-switch? I have two 18" round dishes, one pointing to 101 and the other pointing to 119. I have only one D10 receiver and try to make it using two 18" round dishes I already have by choosing Oval 2 LNB for the dish type.

The Phase II dish is a "T" shape mounted switch that holds three lnbs on an elliptical dish. It is like a Phase III dish, but the lnb's are removable. It contains an integrated 4x4 switch and a sat c combiner.

You do not need a 3x4 switch, which is used for a dual lnb to divide the signal into four outlet for one satellite position.

You need a 4x4 switch.

Send me a PM. I have brand new ones of exactly what you need at a reasonable price delivered. The price will be about half of the dealer's wholesale price.

Mike

Thanks for the info, Mike. Does the 4x4 swtich require both output from the sat 119 LNB? If so, it may not work as I have used one output of the sat 119 LNB for the FTA already.

Sounds like you have a Phase 1 dish. The Phase 1's had a 4x4 multiswitch that was mounted either on the back of the dish or inside the structure. The Phase 2 had an integrated switch that the LNBs plugged into. It is a part to the W bracket, and it very obvious it is a switch. Phase III's have an integrated head. The Phase 2 W bracket can be installed on a Phase 1 dish and vise versa.

Yes you must have two inputs from the each LNB to the switch for it to work correctly if you only need 1 polarity off the 119 you can probably leave the FTA connected. You will have to connect the 12V or 18V side of 119 depending on which you need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)